Sarah and I hosted our second annual Ladies Christmas Tea today. Our guests included the precious ladies and their daughters from our church, as well as some dear friends who are kindred spirits. We even had a visitor from Michigan!
I wanted the day to be special for Sarah, so I invited both of her grandmothers to join us, both who live out of state. My mom (Nana) was unable to come (we're praying now that you can come next year Nana!), but Lila (Mimi) was able to fly down from Michigan. I didn't tell Sarah she was coming, because I didn't want her to be disappointed in case something happened and Mimi couldn't come after all. Sarah was a little puzzled as we were driving so far to run "errands" Friday afternoon. When we pulled into the airport, she became very suspicious, and the boys and I had a little fun. They told me they got their bags packed and were ready to go, and then I asked Sarah if she packed her bag. Suddenly, she burst into tears, crying, "I don't want to go anywhere, and I don't have a bag packed!" Ooops! I didn't mean to cause her so much distress, so we quickly reassured her that we picking someone up, not leaving on a trip. Whew! She was very excited to see Mimi coming towards her a few minutes later!
There is nothing like a tea party to evoke visions of femininity -- little girls dressed in frilly dresses, ribbons and lace, angelic faces aglow with excitement, fine china and table linens . . . Our Christmas Tea was truly a celebration of all it means to be a lady, beautifully created in the image of God, serving our families, our church and community, all for the glory of God.
Our Menu
Tomato Bisque Soup
Chicken Salad Croissants
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
Mini Quiches
Spinach Pie
Veggies and Ranch Dip
Grape Salad
Blueberry Muffins
Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
Sugar Cookie Bars
Lemon Coconut Squares
Pumpkin Tarts
Pecan Tarts
Cream Puffs
Mocha Punch
Christmas Punch
Assorted Teas
Coffee
After we finished eating, we gathered the little girls together for a tea cup exchange. Each girl was given a wrapped tea cup, then Mimi read a revised verion of "Twas the Night Before Christmas" to them. Each time they heard the word "left" or "right," they had to pass the package they were holding appropriately. At the end of the story, the package they were holding was theirs. They loved it!
Following the tea cup exchange, Miss Judy lead us in singing some Christmas carols, hymns, and shared a new song she has written for her Beatitudes recording project (it was beautiful!). Then Hannah Caison beautifully performed several Christmas carols for us as the piano.
During the course of our tea, we did experience one party crasher who shall remain nameless!
Please double click on any of the pictures below for a larger view. Did I mention that we love to receive comments? Please do so at the bottom of this post! :o)
Sweet girls ready to begin our tea party!
Mimi enjoying visiting with the girls
Sarah, Kristin, Abby, and Hannah
Mimi reading a special version of "Twas the Night Before Christmas."
The girls showing their tea cups following the exchange.
Judy leading us in singing some Christmas carols.
Hannah beautifully performed a few Christmas carols for us. Thank you Hannah!
Melinda and me
Our group picture minus the Anderson ladies who had to leave early for a prior engagement.
Meloney Lindsey and baby Ryan, the only boy invited to the tea party!
Melinda Hawkins and her girls, Leah, Kristin, Allison and Melissa
Julie Gilliam (who announced at the party that she is expecting #5 -- woo hoo!) with her girls, Abby and Megan
Katie Sackberger and Rebeccah
Beth Caison and Hannah
Crystal Bazemore (who is expecting #3 in May) and Soren
Sarah and Mimi
Me and Sarah

1 comment:
I'm so glad it was a total success and that Mimi was able to do the grandmother thing. I must admit to being a little jealous that I couldn't be there. There's always next year! Luv, Mum
Post a Comment