Sunday, July 22, 2012

Luke and Momma Update


My apologies to my faithful blog visitors who check for updates everyday!  You have been far more faithful to my blog than I have.  I have had this post swimming in my head (as well as other ones) for weeks now.  I am learning that being pregnant with multiples means that everything happens much faster than with a singleton pregnancy, including being uncomfortable.  The desk where my computer sits has a terribly uncomfortable chair, so I have avoided spending any time in it since the babies have entered the second trimester.  I suppose I could have moved my laptop from my desk, but since I've become such high maintenance for my family, I didn't want to trouble anyone to untangle the cords under my desk (which I can no longer get to) just so I could have my computer.

Time really does seem to be flying by very quickly with this pregnancy, and I have shared very little about it here on the blog, which I am coming to regret.  Also, I haven't given any Luke updates in awhile, and there are folks that come here just to see his precious little face and read about how he is doing.  That said, I decided I needed to grab my computer (minus the cord) and start working on this post a little bit each day until my battery power runs out and I get it finished. So far, it has taken me a week.  (I am sure that I could have said all of this more succinctly - my brain just doesn't seem to be cooperating lately.  I blame raging pregnancy hormones x 2!)

LUKEY UPDATE:
HE IS SO MUCH FUN!  His speech is really taking off and he is so proud!  His little face lights up when he realizes that he has said a word and that we understand what he has said.  He loves to help the rest of the family members with whatever task they are doing, especially putting things away.  I woke up from a nap on the sofa the other day and couldn't find the sandals I had left on the floor.  Sarah said she saw Luke carrying them towards my room when I was sleeping, and sure enough, he had put them away in my closet.  He likes to throw his diapers in the garbage and his dirty clothes in the laundry basket.  Can we keep this up until you leave home someday buddy??????

He is still a great little sleeper, going to bed at night at 7:00 and waking up in the morning around 7:00, and he takes a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon.  That's FOUR babies the Lord has blessed me with that love to sleep, and I'm praying that the twins do the same!

He has come to me several times pointing to his diaper in front, and when I check it, it is still warm.  I think he is starting to become aware of the sensations associated with going potty.  I decided not to waste this opportunity and bought a potty chair.  My first three were not potty trained before they were three years old, so I don't have my hopes up, but we've got to start the process sometime.

Due to my near permanent position on the sofa as of late, my camera has been in use very little so I don't have very many Lukey pictures to post.  I did find some videos that Tom had taken of him and have included a few of those at the bottom of this post.


Camping in Knoxville in March

At the police station celebrating with his brothers after their graduation
from the Citizens' Police Academy.

Playing with his new water table

Discovering that Sissy makes great cookie dough!

Playing with sissy and the camera on momma's phone.


MOMMA UPDATE:
As of July 20th, I am 20 weeks!  I am so grateful to the Lord and joyful to have made it halfway through this pregnancy!  I truly had no idea how challenging a multiple pregnancy was going to be - from the nausea, to the fatigue, to my rapidly expanding middle which began very early in the first trimester, as well as some other issues more common with a multiple pregnancy.  

Unfortunately, our family has continued to operate in survival mode even now that I am in my second trimester.  I am off of my feet for most of the day due to some issues, one of them being severe round ligament pain when I stand for more than a few minutes.  (There are young eyes that read this blog, so I if you are curious about the other issues I have encountered, please shoot me an e-mail.) The body of Christ has been such a source of encouragement and blessing to us during this time!  There have been so many letting us know they are praying for us, my dear sisters in Christ and my mom have brought meals, and many have come for a visit to keep me company while I veg on the sofa.  The sweetest part of all is the precious time I've been able to spend with all of my children.  My older kids sit with me often for heart to heart chats  and Luke climbs up and snuggles with me often.  While being off of my feet has been difficult--especially since I am wanting to NEST!!!--my family has taken wonderful care of me!

Symptoms
Nausea - GONE AT 13 WEEKS - YAY!
Short of breath
Fatigue
Back ache
Vivid dreams (bizarre ones at that!)
Belly feels like it might explode
Braxton Hicks contractions

Sleep
I have slept wonderfully up to this point!  However, rolling over to my other side is becoming an Olympic sport.  I am waking up at least once during the night as whatever side I am laying on starts to ache and it takes some maneuvering to flip to the other side.

Energy
I actually have a lot of energy - just not the endurance for ligament pain.  My brain is constantly turning with all of the things I should be doing to get ready for these babies, and I miss taking care of my family . . . .

Movement
My favorite part of pregnancy!  With every roll and kick, I marvel and rejoice that the Lord is knitting these two little bodies together inside of me!  The babies are very active, especially in the evenings.  If I wake up at night, I can feel them moving, but so far, they have not kept me awake.  Falling asleep is kind of interesting though.  I start out sleeping on the side of the baby that is protesting the least.  When I sleep on my left side, Baby A lays on top of Baby B and visa versa.  Whichever baby kicks the least is the side I start out sleeping on.

Weight Gain
12 pounds so far!

Gender
TWO LITTLE BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next Doctor's Appointment
July 23 - 20 week anatomy scan at the hospital
July 31st - regular doctor appt.

Interesting Things To Note
This wasn't so much interesting as it was frightening - I had a terrible scare on June 30th.  Upon waking it appeared that one of the babies membranes had ruptured.  Thankfully, Tom was home and was able to get me to the emergency room right away.  After a whole day of testing, it was concluded that both babies membranes were intact, but it was inconclusive where all of the fluid/blood came from.  An inconclusive diagnosis was not what I was hoping for, but we praise the Lord that the babies were fine

Things to Pray For
* The health of the babies
* That the babies stay put until they are full term
* That I would make good food choices each day
* That my doctor can get my thyroid medication regulated quickly - I had my blood drawn this week and my TSH was 0.212 and my T4 was 15.7. - MEDS APPEAR TO BE STABLE - THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS
* That our family would recover quickly from the cold that is making its way through the household.  Andrew and I have been spared so far. - ANDREW AND I BOTH CAUGHT THE VIRUS, BUT THANKFULLY HAD A VERY MILD CASE - THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS

15 Weeks


19 Weeks
















3 comments:

Aaron and Jennifer said...

I'm so glad that you posted an update - I've been wondering how your pregnancy has been going! Yes, a multiples pregnancy is very rough. Unlike you, I don't have anything to compare it with, but all I know is that from about 20+ weeks, I could NOT do the things that my other pregnant friends were continuing to do. I do think that carrying multiples is much harder on a woman's body.

And...YAY FOR TWO BABY BOYS!!! :)

Tully Family said...

We missed seeing ou yesterday! Praying for ou!

Ashley said...

Thanks for the update! Loving the belly pictures! Congrats on the 2 healthy baby boys!!