My dear husband had a birthday last week!
Proudly telling his age and showing off his wife's belly!
The whole family was home to celebrate
and our friends, Wayne and Judy, stopped by.
This little guy thinks his daddy is the greatest person in the world!
Luke helped daddy blow his candles out
and helped mommy eat her cake and ice cream.
Today, I have reached the 30 week milestone!!!!!!
Here is my 29 week picture with a sweet little boy who wanted to stand with momma!
WOW - 30 weeks! We are elated and so thankful to the Lord to be at this point! Sometimes, I have felt like this pregnancy has flown by, and at other times, I have felt like it is crawling. As we get nearer to the day of the babies arrival, it definitely feels like it is flying!
As far as preparations go, the big boys have moved to the newly finished upstairs. The goal this next week is to get Sarah moved in to their old room, and the 3 little boys things moved in to Sarah's old room. Thus far, baby equipment and clothing have been piling up in the master bedroom and dining room. I'm looking forward to some de-cluttering and organization!
Symptoms
Let's just say that my discomfort and exhaustion has reached a level that I didn't imagine possible
Sleep
Sometimes. See explanation under "Symptoms."
Energy
None. Zilch. Nada.
Movement
Two babies = constant movement (sometimes painful)
Weight Gain
Yep. I've gained more weight. About 30 lbs. total now. I've even earned the title of "Heaviest Person in the House." Truly humbling. But no complaints here! I'm honored that the Lord is using my body to nourish these two little ones!
Gender
No surprises - they're both still little boys. :)
Next Doctor Appointments
October16th with the specialist
October18th with regular OB
Interesting Things To Note
* At my appointment on September 20th with my OB, Baby A (Jonathan) was head down (vertex) and Baby B (Benjamin) was laying sideways (transverse). The doctor said that they were in a "yin and yang" type of position.
* The babies get the hiccups a lot! They even had them at the same time once.
* I can still wear my wedding rings. Any swelling has been very minimal and only appears occasionally in the evenings around my ankles.
* My blood pressure is holding low and steady. Last OB appt. it was 95/62.
* I contract a lot (several times an hour), but doc says the "plumbing" is holding up well with no signs of labor.
* I have been asked by several people if I have had any cravings this pregnancy. The only one I can think of is candied ginger. Isn't that strange?!! I don't have any in the house right now and I find myself thinking about it all the time. Lately, I'm also craving cold fluids. My favorite drinks right now are water and Izze*Pomegranate juice, both with lots of ice. Ordinarily, I don't like cold fluids and only drink room temperature liquids. But I'm sooooo hot these days . . . . .
* At 29 weeks gestation with twins, I measured the equivalent of 37 weeks with a singleton.
* My husband has taken away my driving privileges. He says that the way in which I have to sit to drive at this point in my pregnancy is simply not safe. He's right! So thankful for big boys who can drive and help with errands and such!
* I must end this post as the babies are becoming very irritated with my arms reaching around my belly to get at the keyboard to type!
Things to Pray For
* That the babies and I would have continued good health
* Labor and delivery are heavily on my mind as of late. Please continue to pray that I surrender my fearful thoughts to the Lord.
* My family - my abilities are severely limited these days putting a lot of responsibility on to every one else.
As far as preparations go, the big boys have moved to the newly finished upstairs. The goal this next week is to get Sarah moved in to their old room, and the 3 little boys things moved in to Sarah's old room. Thus far, baby equipment and clothing have been piling up in the master bedroom and dining room. I'm looking forward to some de-cluttering and organization!
Symptoms
Let's just say that my discomfort and exhaustion has reached a level that I didn't imagine possible
Sleep
Sometimes. See explanation under "Symptoms."
Energy
None. Zilch. Nada.
Movement
Two babies = constant movement (sometimes painful)
Weight Gain
Yep. I've gained more weight. About 30 lbs. total now. I've even earned the title of "Heaviest Person in the House." Truly humbling. But no complaints here! I'm honored that the Lord is using my body to nourish these two little ones!
Gender
No surprises - they're both still little boys. :)
Next Doctor Appointments
October16th with the specialist
October18th with regular OB
Interesting Things To Note
* At my appointment on September 20th with my OB, Baby A (Jonathan) was head down (vertex) and Baby B (Benjamin) was laying sideways (transverse). The doctor said that they were in a "yin and yang" type of position.
* The babies get the hiccups a lot! They even had them at the same time once.
* I can still wear my wedding rings. Any swelling has been very minimal and only appears occasionally in the evenings around my ankles.
* My blood pressure is holding low and steady. Last OB appt. it was 95/62.
* I contract a lot (several times an hour), but doc says the "plumbing" is holding up well with no signs of labor.
* I have been asked by several people if I have had any cravings this pregnancy. The only one I can think of is candied ginger. Isn't that strange?!! I don't have any in the house right now and I find myself thinking about it all the time. Lately, I'm also craving cold fluids. My favorite drinks right now are water and Izze*Pomegranate juice, both with lots of ice. Ordinarily, I don't like cold fluids and only drink room temperature liquids. But I'm sooooo hot these days . . . . .
* At 29 weeks gestation with twins, I measured the equivalent of 37 weeks with a singleton.
* My husband has taken away my driving privileges. He says that the way in which I have to sit to drive at this point in my pregnancy is simply not safe. He's right! So thankful for big boys who can drive and help with errands and such!
* I must end this post as the babies are becoming very irritated with my arms reaching around my belly to get at the keyboard to type!
Things to Pray For
* That the babies and I would have continued good health
* Labor and delivery are heavily on my mind as of late. Please continue to pray that I surrender my fearful thoughts to the Lord.
* My family - my abilities are severely limited these days putting a lot of responsibility on to every one else.


5 comments:
You look AMAZING!!! So excited for you. We MUST MUST MUST catch up before those babies get here! You text me and I will stop what I am doing! I miss you!
I think I measured 40 weeks when they were born at 31 weeks...it's amazing how God designed our bodies to stretch and grow little lives!
You look great! Can't wait to "meet" your 2 new little ones!
We celebrated my husband's 50th birthday last week! You both look great!! I pray that God's peace will umpire you over these next few weeks. I know you'll do great! Blessings! Krisa
Praying, praying, PRAYING!!!
Post a Comment