After months of talking about it and some mechanical difficulties with the trailer, we finally made it up to the Creation Museum in Petersburg, Kentucky. See www.answersingenesis.org to find out more about the Creation Museum.

Martin Luther nailing his theses to the Wittenburg door, sparking the Protestant Reformation, a defining moment in Christian history.
We were so blessed to hear an amazing lecture given by Ken Ham the day we were visiting the museum. If he is ever lecturing near you, clear your calendar and go! You will be inspired and challenged in your faith and what you believe!
Lauren Green from Fox News was visiting the museum the same day we were, filming a special that will air on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Following our visit to the museum, we drove a little further west to visit with Aunt Sue (Brad's sister) and her kids, Jacob and Marlena. We enjoyed having the kids spend the night with us in the trailer, and then going to the Frazier Arms Museum the next day.
Marlena, Jacob, Sarah, Andrew, Christian, and Aunt SueAs we were driving home through Chattanooga on October 27th, I got a phone call on my cell phone from my parents' next door neighbor, Connie. I knew as soon as she told me who was calling that she wasn't going to have good news. She informed me that my Dad had just been taken by ambulance to the hospital with what appeared to be a stroke. She called me because my Mom was in Ohio attending a family wedding and she couldn't reach her.
As you can imagine, there are many details to this story -- too many to write about here, but I will share a few. Dad did suffer a stroke, and spent five days in the hospital. His left side was paralyzed, but most of the function returned very quickly. When he was discharged, the left side of his face had a bit of a droop to it, his left leg had returned 90%, and he didn't have any movement at all in his left hand. He began receiving intensive therapy in the hospital, and currently goes three times a week for further therapy. I am thrilled to report that 8 weeks after his stroke, he continues to have improvement with his hand and facial paralysis!
I took this picture when he was in I.C.U on October 28th, 24 hours following the stroke. We noticed that when he laughed or smiled real big, it was not apparent that he had any facial paralysis at all. How many folks look this great while laying in the I.C.U. ON THEIR BIRTHDAY?!!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment