Monday, October 31, 2011

Honoring Reformation Day

Our family stopped celebrating Halloween some years ago and started celebrating something else - Reformation Day.  What is Reformation Day you ask?  I confess that I am exhausted after driving home from Florida today and getting back into the "home" routine, so I am going to direct you here for an explanation.

Our church hosted a Reformation Celebration this weekend which I unfortunately missed because I was out of town.  As part of the celebration, we hosted two guest speakers.  One was Dr. Edward Panosian of the Church History Faculty of Bob Jones University, who has taught church history for over fifty years.  He is well known for his exceptional first person presentations.  As part of our celebration, he gave presentations on Charles Spurgeon, John Knox and John Calvin over the course of the weekend. 

Our second speaker, Dr. Joseph Pipa, the President of Greenville Presbyterian Seminary, preached Sunday morning on "Sola Scriptura" which means SCRIPTURE ALONE. 

 I look forward to listening to all of the presentations this week and urge you to join me!  

You can find the downloads here.




1 comment:

Tully Family said...

We were sad to miss it too but I'm thankful we can listen to it online!