Happy New Year and I'm late getting this post up! I realized late on New Year's Eve that I did not have a post ready marking Luke's 13 month milestone, and then I got busy with family stuff and all sorts of fun organizing projects this past week and forgot about it. Oops!
Daddy made this video of Luke while they were waiting for me on Christmas Day.
Chocolate chip pancakes - yum!
Luke likes to wedge himself into small places - under his high chair is a favorite!
He doesn't look happy in this one, but just seconds earlier he was a happy boy. Mommy got the camera out and he decided to be grumpy boy (probably because "mommy holding the camera means that she isn't holding me!").
One benefit of having older siblings (besides having more people to love you), is that they can teach you about music and instruments.
Another benefit is that they can teach you how to look cool (NOT that we care about that),
and teach you how to play Fruit*Ninja on Mom's new tablet.
One drawback to having older siblings is that they like to make your hair look funky after your bath,
and make you look like a Star*Trek*Klingon.
A fun new toy and probably his favorite!
I think Daddy won this wrestling match!
MOM: "Why do I still hear Luke? He should be sleeping . . . ."
(Sarah peeks in on him)
SARAH (laughing): "You've got to come see this mom!"
"Whew! I need a break! Lifting chairs is hard work!"
Fun Facts About Luke
Fact 1
Every day with Luke is an adventure! We are never sure what new discovery or skill he will demonstrate.
Fact 2
Luke had a fun December! Surprisingly, he never made any attempt to get near or touch the Christmas tree. Whether that is because he didn't have any interest (can't imagine that!) or because he was obedient to our "No, don't touch" each time he looked at the tree, I don't know. He did enjoy standing on the sofa and looking over the back at the ornaments and lights. He never did quite get how to unwrap a present, but he had a ball nonetheless with the paper. The only thing he found more fun than the paper was the empty wrapping paper tube, which the older kids have named his light saber. He wasted no time in picking up the tube-- err light saber and promptly clobbering anyone or anything in his path (poor doggies!).
Fact 2
Luke is walking! He doesn't walk far, and he doesn't walk steady, but he is indeed walking! He still uses things to walk with when he can - like a bar stool (he slides it across the floor in front of him), or a Cherrios box (see pic above).
Fact 3
His eating habits have improved greatly and he likes to try everything. I keep his diet pretty simple with whole foods and a few treats (like Annie's crackers) mixed in here and there. His favorite fruits are clementines and bananas, and his favorite food is black beans (!). Veggies he doesn't like so much, but I mix them in to other things so he doesn't suspect.
Fact 4
Despite being exposed to chicken pox twice (unknowingly the first time), Luke did not come down with them. A part of me is glad, another part of me would have liked to have gotten it over with. I am curious as to why he didn't get them, but there is no way to know. I like to think it is because of the super duper homemade formula he has been on since he was teeny tiny (how many babies do you know of that have taken probiotics and cod liver oil nearly every day of their life?). Luke is the healthiest baby I have ever had, but I just can't imagine an immune system being so strong that it can resist the highly contagious chicken pox.
Fact 5
Luke thinks it is funny to lock his legs so that I can't bend them when I am changing his clothes. I make a game of it and Mommy always wins.
Fact 6
I put Lukey's clothes on him, Lukey takes them off.
(see picture above)
Fact 7
Luke's favorite word is "dog." He is very entertained by our dogs and when we hear him laughing wildly, it is because he is playing with one of the dogs. I have tried and tried to capture him on video saying dog, but every time I turn the camera on, he just silently stares at me.
Fact 8
Our little bruiser boy has discovered that there are certain things that he can pick up. (see video above) Where he got the idea to pick things up that are bigger than him is a mystery to me! It is so comical to watch! The funniest part is when he starts grunting . . . . such a boy!
Fact 9
Luke is transitioning from two naps a day to one. I noticed that when I would put him down for his morning nap at 10:00, he would play in his bed for about an hour before falling asleep, so I now put him down at 11:00. I put him down for a quiet time around 3:30 because he starts melting down around that time. Sometimes he falls asleep, sometimes he just plays. His schedule now looks something like this:
8:00 Up for the day
11:00 - 1:00 Nap time
3:30 - 5:00 Quiet time
7:30 Bed time
Fact 10
When I asked the kids to help me remember what else I needed to put under this months' "Fun Facts," they wanted you to know that Luke still has "mommyitis." Translated, Luke and I are very attached! :o)
Fact 11
Besides having mommyitis, Luke is still very attached to his blankey and isn't consoled without it, which has prompted us to purchase "back up" blankeys. Fortunately, Luke chose an easily acquired blankey from Target to love, of which we now have FOUR. Another benefit of having multiple blankeys is that mommy can wash the dirty one with no interruption of Lukey's blankey pleasure.




2 comments:
He is so cute! Love his Fun Facts!
He is adorable! And the port-a-crib picture is too funny! Our Miss Abigail likes to take her diaper off now at night. :(
Post a Comment