It's a short post this month as our sweet little cherub is cutting four molars at once and has a cold, which has left me very busy and sleep deprived. He wants to be held, he doesn't want to be held, he wants be put down, he doesn't want to be put down, he wants to be rocked, he doesn't want to be rocked, he wants to eat, he doesn't want to eat . . . . oy!
Still enamored with the piano!
Hooray! We have finally mastered the sippy cup!
Luke can now eat like a dog . . . notice Boo's innocent face on the left. "I didn't teach him!"
Right . . . . .
Right . . . . .
If you are a dog standing under Luke's high chair waiting for a hand out, you just might end up with peanut butter and jelly sandwich and Annie's Fruit Snacks in your fur.
"Can't get these clothes off mom, but I managed to strip my bed!"
Fun Facts About Luke
Fact 1
Luke is cutting his first top and bottom molars at the same time. These teeth are causing him more discomfort than any of his other teeth so far. :(
Fact 2
Luke's cheeks are still the cutest ever! They remain huge and vibrate with motion, especially when we are in the car. Unfortunately, they remain a target for cheek-pinching folk. (I'm guilty too - they are the cutest, sweetest, squishiest cheeks ever!)
Fact 3
Luke has pretty well mastered walking and I suspect he will be running soon. He has tried to pick up the speed a few times, but things didn't end so well. I have attempted to get some video of him walking, but every time I turn the camera on, he stops performing.
Fact 4
Luke has found his belly button! I have tried to get that on video too, but he stops being cute about it as soon as I turn the camera on.
Fact 5
Luke hums as he wakes up and also as he goes to sleep! He has been doing it for many months - I just keep forgetting to write about it. He puts his thumb in his mouth, clutches his blankey and hums - it is precious! As he sucks his thumb, it sounds like, "MmmmMmmmMmmmMmmmMmm." It's a very sweet sound to hear - even at 3:00 a.m.!!!!
Fact 6
Lukey is a jabberbox! He will have a conversation with whoever will listen. He is very animated with voice inflection and hand motions - you just can't understand a single word! The only word he says that is consistently recognizable is "dog." He has begun saying "belly" when we talk about his belly button, but he also says belly when he sees his blankey and gets his diaper changed.
Fact 7
Luke can finally hold his own sippy cup and drink out of it. Woo hoo! The only brand of cup he will drink out of is the *Nuby*. The *Nuby* cups have silicone spouts which are much like his bottle nipples, so I think that's what the attraction is.
Fact 8
Fun Facts About Luke
Fact 1
Luke is cutting his first top and bottom molars at the same time. These teeth are causing him more discomfort than any of his other teeth so far. :(
Fact 2
Luke's cheeks are still the cutest ever! They remain huge and vibrate with motion, especially when we are in the car. Unfortunately, they remain a target for cheek-pinching folk. (I'm guilty too - they are the cutest, sweetest, squishiest cheeks ever!)
Fact 3
Luke has pretty well mastered walking and I suspect he will be running soon. He has tried to pick up the speed a few times, but things didn't end so well. I have attempted to get some video of him walking, but every time I turn the camera on, he stops performing.
Fact 4
Luke has found his belly button! I have tried to get that on video too, but he stops being cute about it as soon as I turn the camera on.
Fact 5
Luke hums as he wakes up and also as he goes to sleep! He has been doing it for many months - I just keep forgetting to write about it. He puts his thumb in his mouth, clutches his blankey and hums - it is precious! As he sucks his thumb, it sounds like, "MmmmMmmmMmmmMmmmMmm." It's a very sweet sound to hear - even at 3:00 a.m.!!!!
Fact 6
Lukey is a jabberbox! He will have a conversation with whoever will listen. He is very animated with voice inflection and hand motions - you just can't understand a single word! The only word he says that is consistently recognizable is "dog." He has begun saying "belly" when we talk about his belly button, but he also says belly when he sees his blankey and gets his diaper changed.
Fact 7
Luke can finally hold his own sippy cup and drink out of it. Woo hoo! The only brand of cup he will drink out of is the *Nuby*. The *Nuby* cups have silicone spouts which are much like his bottle nipples, so I think that's what the attraction is.
Fact 8
Luke continues to immensely enjoy music. He "plays" the piano throughout the day (and insists on sitting on the bench like Christian), he gets really excited when the boys get their guitars out, and he sways and sings along with Miss Judy when we play her CD's each morning. (For those of you with children, I HIGHLY recommend Judy*Rogers*Music! Her music is a wonderful way to teach your children the truths of God's Word. Judy and her husband, Wayne, are dear friends of ours, and Wayne also pastors our church.)
Time for this momma to go to bed! I will try to get some video of Luke in action and post it soon!


No comments:
Post a Comment