Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Still Growing!




 33 weeks

Today, I am 33w4d and am so grateful to be at this point!  

I saw the MFM specialist last week, and her exact words were, "Things couldn't be going any better."  Such amazing words!  All praise to the Lord!  Her goal is for me to reach the 36 week milestone because she said that 36 week twins usually avoid a NICU stay and go home with mom.  What a tremendous blessing that would be! The babies were both head down with Jonathan weighing in at 5 lbs. and Benjamin at 4 1/2 lbs.  She said that she expects both of them to be over 6 lbs. at my next visit on 11-6.

I also saw my OB last week.  The talk through this whole pregnancy has been about keeping the babies in as long as possible, and now the conversation is switching to getting the babies out. Doc seems to want the babies to come sooner rather than later, so we will be discussing natural ways of inducing labor at my next visit on 11-8.  I am also researching midwifery websites on  my own and have purchased some herbs that are helpful in starting labor and helping it along.  Exactly when I start taking them will be determined at my next appointment on 11-8 and after I have a non-stress test done on the babies.

Physically -- all I can say is WOW.  Every night, I go to bed thinking that there is no way that my body can handle carrying these babies another day, and then I wake up the next morning and by the grace of God do it all over again.  My ability to walk has become severely impaired due to pressure causing intense pain in my pelvis and my energy level remains at zero.  I'll not bore you with the rest of my physical struggles -- just know that I am incredibly happy and thankful to be used of the Lord to carry these precious little ones!


Someone else is growing too!


 Can't believe this little ray of sunshine is just weeks away from turning two years old!

He is quite the happy boy!

 Evidence that a little boy was here . . . . .

 Tom gets the grandest giggles from this little guy!



He LOVES his yogurt!

 So tired . . . . .
 
 but I'll smile for my daddy!

 Helping Christian change a light bulb in the ceiling.

6 comments:

Aaron and Jennifer said...

Wow! I cannot believe that you have made it this far and are still carrying them. My body just couldn't handle it after 31 weeks. I cannot even imagine how miserable your body feels at this point, though your heart is overjoyed, I'm sure!

Ashley said...

You look great! So thankful everything is going so well!

Malia said...

Godspeed with the rest of your pregnancy! I'll pray you make it to your next appointment :)

Your little boy is so cute!

Room for More said...

You look radiant and amazing. I am so thrilled you have made it this far. I am praying for that 2 more week point! ((hugs))

StephAndRob said...

It's amazing that you have lasted this long. God's mercy and grace is sufficient always. Thank you for the encouragement this week. Blessings for some relief soon!

Anonymous said...

How did your visit go on the 8th? Glad to hear you are doing so well. Send me an update! Kandra