On Saturday, we had the privilege of attending a recital given by one of the boys' friends, Bryan Anderson. At age 14, Bryan, who is a homeschooled student, is a very accomplished pianist and pipe organist. We are blessed every Sabbath by his accompaniment during our worship service, but never knew of the extraordinary talent he possesses -- the kind that you say years down the road, "We knew him when . . . . " Experiencing such talent was such a treat!
Following Bryan's recital, we attended a small reception given in his honor. While there, his mother, Melanie, was speaking with a kindly-looking woman, and she called me over to introduce her. Mrs. Rogers was her name, to which Melanie followed up with "THE Mrs. Rogers." Seeing the curious look on my face, she said, "Do you remember Fred Rogers from Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood?" Do I remember Mr. Roger's Neighborhood??!!!! I've only seen every episode at least a dozen times!!!! Who could grow up in the 70's and NOT know Mr. Rogers?! I was being introduced to his sweet wife, Joanne.
Curious as to what the connection was between Mrs. Rogers and Bryan's recital, I learned that Mrs. Rogers and Bryan's piano teacher, Jeannine Morrison, have been playing piano concerts together since college. Mrs. Rogers told me that she had flown in from Pennsylvania, and she and Jeannine had just played their last concert together that morning. Meeting her made for a double treat!
Christian, Sarah, Mrs. Rogers and Andrew



No comments:
Post a Comment