Where have I been, you ask? Well, there really hasn't been anything much to report on here at the Thomas household. Since the last post when the trailer arrived, I've been busy cleaning the inside and getting it ready for our first outing in a couple of weeks. What has taken up the biggest share of my time has been lesson planning and preparations for the new school year, so there really hasn't been much to tell about.
This week, there has been a little more excitement as we've had some company. Sunday evening, we were privileged to keep the Coppock boys while their parents attended a dinner. I'm not sure who had more fun -- their boys or us!
The kids had a ball playing in the trailer. I remember when I was kid, our family would get together with friends, and us kids would play games that involved some level of being scared, like hide-and-seek in the dark. What is it about kids that they like to be scared to a certain degree? Anyway, my kids aren't any different, and as best I can tell, neither are anyone else's! The above photo is of Christian dressed up as an "alien." He went around the trailer, tapping his "claw" (made of Legos) on the windows, eliciting screams from inside. Soon thereafter, he would open the door and try to "get" them. Christian doesn't have any idea that I took this picture. I'm predicting that I'm really gonna hear it once he learns that I not only took it, but POSTED it here!
Inside, they were waiting with "guns" (made of Legos) to protect themselves from the alien. They kept this game up for quite awhile. I hope that Patrick (left) and David (middle) didn't have any nightmares Sunday night. I haven't gotten any phone calls yet, but we'll just have to see if we are ever called on again to keep the boys.
Pledger played it safe and stayed inside with me.
Christian giving me a hand with William. It was so wonderful to have little ones in the house again!

1 comment:
MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you had to take a picture of me wearing that weird costume!!!! ARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!
Post a Comment