The boys attended the PCLA prom this evening! PCLA is a homeschool learning academy that offers a prom each year to homeschool students. The boys don't attend PCLA, but they have connections, so they were invited to attend. This prom was not like your typical public school prom -- these kids were highly supervised, had to pass a dress code, and weren't allowed to dance closely. (Momma smiles)
So, who did they take for their dates? Christian took his friend, Mary Kuhn, while Andrew opted to go alone. Most upsetting to Andrew was the fact that three different girls asked HIM to be their date for prom. If only they knew what a turnoff that was to him! Hear ye, hear ye, any single girls visiting this blog -- guys do not like to be asked out by YOU! They want the opportunity to be gentlemen and want you to be a lady and wait for them to do the asking!
Mary and Christian
"The name is Bond . . . . James . . Bond."
No dancing closer than arms length. :)
Andrew with his buddy, James Kuhn (Mary's brother).
Isn't Mary's dress stunning?!! I absolutely love the color, and as the mother of two boys, I am very grateful to her and her mother for implementing their "engineering" skills to make Mary's dress modest!
Several people have asked me about Mary and Christian's relationship, and I answer by telling them what Christian and Mary tell everyone -- it is just a very close friendship. They both realize that at this point in time, their relationship can't go anywhere as Christian is living at home and working on his college degree, and Mary is a junior in high school. Our two families are very proud of Christian and Mary for their commitment to purity, and their desire to be patient and wait upon the Lord. Tom and I will state publically that we are proud of all three of our kids and their desire to remain pure -- I mean really pure . . . . to the point that they are preserving their hearts for their spouse, and saving their first kiss for their wedding day. Thank you Josh Harris for writing "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" and "Boy Meets Girl"! You said exactly what Tom and I knew in our hearts to be true -- you just said it soooo much better than we could, and the kids "get it," thanks be to the Lord!






No comments:
Post a Comment