Tom and I have decided that for the foreseeable future, we will be planting all of our vegetables in containers rather than directly in the ground. Our plants are growing at an amazing rate! We could never grow plants like these with the large yields that we are getting already if we were to plant them in the ground. I really think the secret is in the water delivery system that these containers have.
Tomatoes
Crook neck squash
Watermelon
We have 6 *Earth*Boxes* which have a tube that you fill with water . . . .
. . . until it spills out this hole.
We have 3 *Grow*Boxes* that have an opening in the front that you fill with water until it spills out. In the heat we are experiencing right now, the plants are drinking four gallons of water a day and would probably drink more if I would add a third reservoir fill in the middle of the day. It's just so, so hot that I can't bring myself to do it!
I am picking everyday!


1 comment:
Your veggies look so yummy!!! Where did you buy the containers? I've thought of them for plants on the deck but never for gardening...
Post a Comment