
At Nana and Papa's house in The Villages
Snugglin' with Nana
Luke and Papa in their Ohio State shirts
Great Grandpa Vermillion and Luke
Cruisin' around on Nana's floor
Bye bye Nana and Papa!
I put him on his tummy mat (top of the picture), but he decided he didn't want to stay there.
I put him on his tummy mat (top of the picture), but he decided he didn't want to stay there.
Up on all fours!
Sitting up!
Sucking his toes - hee hee!
Enjoying some yogurt and mashed banana
Bonus Picture of Luke's Favorite Dog
Dumb dog! She was outside with me when I was picking in the garden and she confiscated one of my cucumbers. Ewwwwwww - into the trash it went as we were not about to eat it after it had been in Molly's mouth.
Fun Facts About Luke
Fact 1
Luke is fully mobile! He has multiple means for getting to where he wants to go. He rolls until he gets there, or he has learned to push his body along with one foot, provided he can get some traction. As long as he's barefoot, he can get there!
Fact 2
Luke loves to look at himself in the mirror and squeals and giggles when he does.
Fact 3
Luke can now sit up. He's not real steady, but he can sit for quite awhile. He can also be laying on the floor and push himself up into a sitting position. The downside to this new activity is that sometimes he pushes himself up, but gets his leg stuck in a very uncomfortable position, which happens most often after I've put him to bed. If he's fussing at all when I lay him down, I have to check on him every 30 seconds to make sure he's not fussing because he's gotten himself into a pickle.
Fact 4
Luke has discovered that his toes will reach into his mouth. In the picture above where he is sucking his toes, he started crying right after I took the picture because he bit his toe and it hurt! I picked him up to comfort him, but I confess that I was laughing!
Fact 5
Luke likes to hum in the car. It is the sweetest thing! He sits in his car seat and hums away until we arrive at our destination. He is a great little traveler!
Fact 6
Luke needs a new car seat. He is 20 pounds is trying to sit up in his present car seat.
Fact 7
Luke has become very aware of big people food and cries for it if he sees us eating. He has tried lots of new foods since my last post. Let's see -- mashed banana, mash avocado, mashed peaches, yogurt, mashed chicken, mashed egg yolk, mashed blueberries, and a few other things that he probably shouldn't have, like ice cream. Oh, and Cheerios, his favorite.
Fact 8
Luke is such a happy baby! Every morning when he wakes up, and after every nap, he jabbers and plays in his bed. When I go to pick him up, he greets me with the biggest smile! Melts my heart!
Fact 9
Luke has started trying to pull himself up to things -- I'm not ready for that! Of my four babies, he is the most mobile and active at this point in his little life.
Fact 10
Luke is learning how to be affectionate. I spend so much time smooching on his little cheeks that he's learned how to kiss! Well, baby kiss which translates to an open slobbery mouth pushed against my face!
Fact 11
Luke has learned how to fake cough. He coughed a few times when taking his bottle the other day. I coughed back at him, he laughed and coughed back at me. The next day, I fake coughed to test if he was really mimicking me the day before, or if he really was coughing. To my surprise, he fake coughed back at me and we kept it up for a bit.
Fact 12
Luke has started doing this fancy maneuver with his arms where he holds them out in front of him and waves them back and forth over each other. He does it most when he gets really excited. It's comical to watch!
Fact 13
Do not take Luke to the grocery store if you are in a hurry. My older kids were helping out with Bible School last week at church, so I had to take Luke to the store with me. I was constantly stopped by people who wanted to observe Luke closer. "He is so beautiful!" they would tell me, and he would smile at them with the biggest, two-tooth smile ever. It took me TWO HOURS to get through Publix for just a few items!!!!! I confess that I was beaming.
Fact 13
He has become so much fun and we absolutely adore him!!!!!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment