Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Luke is Six Months Old Today!!!



Eating a frozen banana

Luke's new activity center

Bedtime acrobats

 This is what one's forehead looks like after doing bedtime acrobats!
Always happy when he wakes up!



Love those sparkly eyes!

"Here kitty, kitty!"

"Come to Lukey!"

"Let me run my slobbery fingers through your fur!"

"You want me to smile mommy?"

"Aw, gawrsh!"

"How's this?"

"Are we almost done?  I'm ready to be done smiling."

"I'm serious.  I'm done."


Fun Facts About Luke
Fact 1
Luke is a true little boy in that he is learning to make all kinds of sounds!  He is even learning to mimic sounds that we make to him.  Some interesting new sounds that he has started making this week are a growling and sound  when he is really focusing his attention on something.  He'll also growl and grunt if he is becoming agitated and wants a change of scenery.
 Fact 2
 Luke still doesn't show much interest in solid foods.  He will eat a frozen banana if I put it in a little mesh food strainer for him to suck it out of, but other than that, he gags when I put any kind of solid food in his mouth.  Oh wait.  Except for banana pudding.  We were at the Kuhn's house for Memorial Day, and Mary made banana pudding for dessert and I gave Luke a lick off of my fork.  He really liked that, but banana pudding is not what he needs to be eating!
Fact 3
Luke weighs 19 pounds.  That's an impressive chunky monkey!
Fact 4
Luke has a funny routine before he finally falls asleep.  He straightens his legs out (as in standing up), and then he cruises around his bed with his face down on the sheet (see bedtime acrobat pic above).  It looks very uncomfortable to me, but it's what he does every time I put him down for a nap or to bed at night!
Fact 5
Luke is starting to scoot around, but his primary method for mobility is rolling to get to where he wants.  He still hasn't figured out how to use his arms and legs simultaneously, although I have seen him get up on all fours several times. 
Fact 6
Luke's evening nap is being phased out.  The older he gets, the less he is sleeping, so we are phasing out the evening nap in exchange for an earlier bedtime.  The new schedule is to put him to bed for the night around 7:00 - 7:30, and he will sleep until 6:00 in the morning.  We tried putting him to bed later in the evening in hopes that he would sleep later in the morning, but he still woke up at 6:00 a.m. and he was grumpy from going to bed later.  Now, if only Mommy and Daddy will learn to go to bed earlier!
Fact 7
Luke can now chew on his toes -- oh my -- it's sooooo cute!  I haven't been able to get a picture yet but am working on it!

My heart is so full of love and gushing emotions for this precious little boy!  Everything about him has brought me nothing but joy and smiles since the day we brought him home.  I say me, but I speak for the whole family.  I hide behind doors and sneak around corners to observe Tom in his quiet moments with Luke -- I love to eavesdrop on their private little conversations and see Luke's eyes light up to the sound of Tom's voice.  My mother's heart has swelled as I have observed my older children tenderly cradling their little brother, and playing with him.  I marvel at God's goodness and grace to me, for who am I that I should enjoy such delights?
Soli Deo Gloria!

1 comment:

Tully Family said...

He is a cutie! We love sitting behind you in church & seeing Luke peek over with smiles, especially smiles for Lizzie! :)