So I've taken a little break from the computer, which I confess, was nice. It was a forced break at first due to our Internet being out most of the time (*GASP* lol - the kids thought we had returned to the dark ages!). A nice man from AT&T came and replaced a line on our street two weeks ago and we've had stellar service ever since. We've also had beautiful weather, a garden to prepare, three older kids that have had a lot going on, one little cherub that is so much fun to play with and read to, and family and friends to spend time with. Who wants to spend time in front of the computer with so many better options?!
But without further ado, here are the latest specs on the newest model in our family.
It's a little blurry, but I just had to share it anyway. He was soooooo proud to be wearing big brother Andrew's tie!
This is his new safety harness (the doggie has a long tail to hold onto) for when we venture out and he wants to walk. He loves the little dog and wears it often around the house. (Yet another blurry picture. Sheesh. I really need to learn how to use a camera!)
This is what most of my pictures come out looking like. I pull out the camera and push the button down halfway to auto focus, and in that length of time, he's off and running and I've missed my shot.
"Just gimme my blankey already!"
We've learned that the blankey needs to go in a different room when he is eating or he's too distracted by it and refuses to eat.
We've learned that the blankey needs to go in a different room when he is eating or he's too distracted by it and refuses to eat.
Reading one of his favorite books (Cats by Matthew*Van*Fleet) with Daddy.
Learning to use crayons!
This is what brown crayon looks like on pretty white teeth.
Lukey loves to help! It is now his job to pick up the dogs bowls after they are done eating.
Helping Sissy set the place mats on the table in preparation for dinner.
"Helping" Mommy do laundry.
Sissy teaching him how to properly clean a beater (mashed potatoes here).
Yum!
Yep.
Here are some random Lukey moments:
The maestro on his piano:
Lukey enjoying an after dinner treat and displaying his fine repertoire of car sounds:
I love this age - everything is fresh and new! I gave Luke a Pottery*Barn catalog that had just arrived in the mail and he had a good time with it. In the process, he gives an example of his constant "talking."
The maestro does NOT like anyone touching his piano!
Fun Facts About Luke
Fact 1
Luke has mastered walking and is now running, thus reducing my life span because my heart stops every time he has a close call.
Fact 2
Lukey is becoming a snuggle bug! Woo hoo! Give him a lap and his blankey and he'll sit motionless sucking his thumb for awhile! (Except at church. Grrrrr Worship training has been a challenge.) It is becoming increasingly harder for me to lay him down for naps and bedtime as a result. I would much rather sit and rock him than do anything else!
Fact 3
Luke recognizes when he has something on that he hasn't worn before. He admires his shirt and pants and then rubs his hands on them. His favorite clothing items are shoes. The irony of that fact is that I have a very difficult time getting him to wear shoes that he hasn't worn before. He would rather carry new shoes around than wear them. His fat little feet are filling up his tennis shoes and slippers (the only shoes he will wear) and he will be out of them before long. So glad warmer weather is here so he can be barefoot most of the time!
Fact 4
Luke loves to go bye-bye and ride in his car seat. When we get to our destination, he starts pulling and tugging at the straps on his car seat trying to get out. When we open up the car door to fetch him, he knows what order we are going to undo the straps and he'll point to each of them to show us what to do next.
Fact 5
Luke has become picky, picky, picky about his food. Fresh fruit is his favorite, but a little boy cannot live on fruit alone!
Fact 6
Lukey loves to be outdoors. He cries if anyone walks out the door and doesn't take him too! Our front door has full-length glass panes which are great for letting the light in, but not so great when you have a little one who can see outside and knows what he is missing. When he gets outside, he is off and running! (Heart stoppage for momma since our driveway has an incline to it.)
Fact 7
The time change wreaked havoc on the little guy! I did not recognize him last Sunday or for the first few days after. I think we have rounded the corner and he has recovered, but it has changed his schedule a bit. He had been going down for a nap around 11:00 - 11:30 and eating lunch about 1:30 - 2:00. Now, I can feed him lunch before his nap and put him down for his nap at 12:30. (I feel his pain! The day we go to daylight*savings*time is my most difficult day of the year!)
Fact 8
While Sissy was getting her four molars pulled out in preparation for braces, Lukey was busy bringing his four molars in. Mission accomplished!
Fact 9
Luke has learned almost all of his body parts (his favorite being his belly). Ask him where a part is and he'll show you! (Be forewarned that he is a I'll-show-you-mine-and-then-you-show-me-yours kind of guy. Ask him where his belly is and he is going to expect you to show yours too!)
Fact 10
LUKE LOVES MUSIC! We have added this CD to our nap and bed time routine, and I think it is what has made a difference in him being so snuggly. He doesn't let me forget to turn it on either!
Fact 11
Luke is learning to help others. Since kids don't wake up one day wanting to do chores, they have to be taught from an early age how to help. It is great fun for him at this age to "help" everyone, so we are working on cultivating a strong work ethic and an attitude of serving others. His tasks are very simple right now and he takes great pleasure and pride in them! Specifically, he picks up the dog bowls after they are done eating, and he picks up his toys, which fits right in with his developmental skills (stacking and putting smaller items into a larger ones).
Fact 12
Lukey is a little jabberbox! "Dubadubadub?" "Numanumanuma?" "Gaglgaglgagl?" Oh, does he love to talk! He uses hand motions, facial expressions and inflection of his voice too - it is precious! We have no idea what he is saying, however. His only discernible word continues to be 'dog.' This past week, I think I picked up the same words being used over and over again for 'shoe' and 'music' so I think his speech is developing!
Fact 13
Luke has beautiful curls! To cut or not to cut is the question. He's also a very warm-blooded little creature and sweats A LOT. As the temperature outside has risen, so has his body temperature and he's been a sweaty mess. Less hair is cooler, and I wouldn't cut his hair so short that he didn't have any curls - I would just take a little off so he didn't have so much insulation. :)
SUCH A JOY TO HAVE HIM IN OUR FAMILY!!!!!!!!




2 comments:
What a great post! He is a beautiful little guy. I love those curls and his sweet smile! It's good to hear from you!
What a sweetie!
Post a Comment