Monday, June 2, 2008

Planet Alignment 2 Weekends in a Row!

The planets aligned successfully this weekend again, allowing me to join Tom on his trip on our anniversary! Actually, I have to give credit where it's due, and I would not have been able to join him if a dear, young lady, Leah Hawkins, had not called and offered to stay with the kids overnight while I traveled up to Charlotte with Tom. Thank you Leah!

Earlier in the day, Tom really thought our plan was going to fall apart when he got delayed because of weather in the Baltimore area which brought the Baltimore airport to a ground stop. In the past, a delay in his schedule has caused his trip to be re-routed, but that didn't happen this time. Yay!

Due to the delays earlier in the day, the flight that I joined him on from Atlanta to Charlotte didn't land until 11:30 p.m., and we didn't get into our room until almost 1:00 a.m. It was a very late night (early morning?!) but I'm so glad I got to be with him!

The next day, he didn't have to be in the lobby for pick up until 3:00 p.m., so after we listened to a sermon on sermonaudio.com by our pastor, we enjoyed a wonderful lunch at a nearby restaurant, Brio.

He chauffeured me back home to Atlanta a few hours later, and I was safely back home by 8:00 p.m. that evening, much to the kids chargrin.



After our lunch at Brio



Just before heading back to the airport



My dog, Buddy, who was quite a pickle for the kids while I was gone, jumped into my suitcase as soon as I opened it, as if to say, "See? I fit! Take me with you next time!"

No comments: