Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bye Bye Kitties, a Finished Project, and New Sounds



Bye Bye Kitties!

Ruth Himebook with daughter Mary Love, and son Peter

Hooray for the Himebook family who has adopted Oreo, Coco and Clementine!
Tom just took the kids to their music lessons and got the first update on how they are doing (Mr. Himebook is the kids' instructor). Coco is extremely shy and likes to hide from everyone, but is doing better. Clementine loves everyone and just wants to be where the action is. It would appear that Oreo is much like his father! He has escaped outside and doesn't wish to be caught. They see him in their yard and in their neighbor's yard, and he will meow at them and come quite close, but there is no catching him. We will offer them our live trap, which is how we caught him the first time, if they would like to try again in making him a house cat. At least he is minus parts so that he can't populate their neck of the woods!


A Finished Baby Quilt

Sarah is holding my first attempt at quilting, and I am addicted! As far as quilting goes, this is an extremely easy quilt with all straight seams -- simple project for a simple mind. :o) Even at that, it was challenging to make everything line up exactly, with the binding being the most difficult for me.
I am attending a double baby shower on Saturday, and will give this quilt to one mom, and I am working on another quilt for the other mom (I'll post a picture after I finish it). I love to sew! (Don't confuse a love to sew with being good at it, for I am not!) Sarah and I have a couple of projects that we are getting ready to sew after I finish the second baby quilt. She already loves to sew at 11, so I'm praying that by the time she is asked for her hand in marriage, she will be quite an accomplished seamstress and can bless her husband, whether she is helping to provide income through her talents, or decorating their home with items she creates.



Sarah has begun flute lessons! Between Sarah's flute, Christian's trumpet, Andrew's snare and bells, and the piano, there are musical strains wafting through our house often!

Tomorrow is Tom's birthday! He leaves early in the morning on a trip, so we celebrated by going to Carrabba's last evening for some yummy Italian food. I forgot to bring my camera, so I don't have any pictures to share.

We are slowly getting our basement family room/office/school room functional again. We need to acquire some bookshelves for one of the walls, which will go a long way in controlling the clutter. We have more books than we have space for right now!

I am enjoying a cup of chocolate, peppermint decaf (coffee with melted chocolate and peppermint oil added) while I compose this post, but nothing is getting done while I am sitting here, so I best get moving. The weather has turned cool today (it is 68 wonderful degrees right now) and has put all of us in the mind of fall. Pork chops are simmering in the crock pot for dinner, and we will be joining in the family room for some family worship and reading later tonight.




No comments: