I posted the previous blog entries with all due respect to everyone and their political opinion. My purpose in doing so was to encourage people to think. What drives your vote for a particular candidate? Do you vote on principal, or do you vote the "lesser of two evils," and how do you arrive at your conclusion? Alright, let's move on from politics, shall we?
Thanks to all who inquired about my mom. After two days in the hospital with an extremely low pulse and blood pressure , she was able to go back home. She is still facing some challenges, so please continue to pray for her and dad.
Our week has been very busy with the boys' Potter's School classes starting. Reality has set in and they realize how much work they are going to have each day. Christian has to spend 1 1/2 hours on homework in Latin and Advanced Algebra everyday -- that's 3 hours for just two classes. He's also got Chemistry, Propositional Logic, English, and Literature courses to keep up with as well. And Concert Band, Jazz Band and Choir.
Andrew is in his freshman year, and will be working on knocking out the basic courses required for graduation. He is taking a year-long elective in robotic programming, which he is really excited about. His laptop started giving him problems last night, and since Tom was going out on a trip early this morning, he didn't have the opportunity to work on it. Andrew had to use the computer in Tom's office for his classes today, and when he was finished, he started working on the laptop. He likes to watch Tom when he is working on one of our computers, and Tom is a great instructor, so Andrew has learned much. From what Tom has taught him, he was able to wipe out his hard drive, and then he got it back up and running again. It will be good to have a technical guy around when Tom is out of town!
Sarah and I have been busy with her school work, and getting the house back in order. The main floor of the house had gotten cluttered up with our school books and other things while the basement floor project was under construction. Now that floor is done, it is sooooooo good to have it all back downstairs again! It is going to take a few days to get everything back in order, and I see a garage sale in our future.
Tom left on a trip very early this morning and will return home to us Saturday afternoon. A few weeks ago, he said that before he got married, he had the greatest job. But now that he is married and has a family, it isn't so great anymore because he doesn't like to leave home. The feeling is mutual -- the kids and I don't like to see him go, but are so grateful for his provision for our family.
Tomorrow is our busy day -- bands, choirs, riding lessons, and errands. Saturday, Sarah and I will be preparing food for the Lord's Day. We are having a visiting Pastor and his wife over for dinner Sunday along with the Hawkins, and it is Melinda's and my turn to bring food for Sunday evening after church, so LOTS of cooking on Saturday.
I am working on my first quilt ever! I will post a picture when I finish it in the next day or two.
I only have a few pictures to share with you even though it's been awhile since the last post. The older the kids get, the less they like to have their picture taken!
I guess I spoke too soon in a previous post when I said we didn't get a drop of rain from Faye. As she headed north, she dropped buckets full on us. The rain started after we went to bed one evening, and when I got up in the morning, the rain gauge said that we already had 2 inches. (Click on the picture for a larger view)
I watched the rain gauge climb all day, and the rain continued into the next night. When I got up the next morning, the gauge had maxed out at 5 inches. We so needed it!
Here are the two little kitties we have been trying to trap. Tom went out to run some errands the other day, and called me right after he left. He said, "I need help! I was driving past the neighbors house, when I saw two pumpkin colored kittens in the driveway. I got out of the van on the remote chance that I could catch them, when one of them ran straight at me and let me pick it up. Hang on here while I walk towards the other one . . . . . . . I am now holding two kittens. Please send the kids down!"
Smokey-the-mean-cat still comes around for food, even after we tortured her with surgery. She used sit on the deck like this, staring in our French doors every morning and evening when she was hungry. This picture marks the last time we saw her on the deck as two of the other cats, Jam and Reeses, have chased her off. The closest Smokey comes to the house now is under the trailer, so we sneak food to her there where Jam and Reeses can't see her. This picture is so funny to me, because if you look at the top of the picture behind the planter, Jam is poking her face out. She had just realized that Smokey was on "her" deck and she quickly chased her off.
In honor of Labor Day, we labored! The weeds were beginning to take over our landscape, and the grass needed to be cut after all the rain, so the kids and I (Tom was on a trip) spent the day working outside.

No comments:
Post a Comment