Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Baby's Got Blue Eyes . . . .


I love these two with their matching eyes!

On the way to Knoxville - what a great little traveler!

The new woman in Luke's life - Kristin Hawkins.  Kristin came with us on our trip to Knoxville and Luke was quite smitten with her.

Luke's first bath in the RV.  He even kept it modest!

Sweet little boy getting ready to go to bed (and happy to be in the air conditioning!).

That's our "Sky" trailer with the Excursion parked behind it.

A great view of the chompers breaking through on the top!

Fun Facts About Luke

Fact 1
Luke did GREAT on our camping trip to Knoxville!  He hollered a little bit on the way up, but was quickly pacified when Kristin would poke her head around the headrest and smile at him.

Fact 2
Luke has two more teeth for a total of four!  His two top teeth came in this past week!

Fact 3
Luke prefers big people food over baby food.  I bought a few jars of Earth's Best baby food to make things easier on myself while we were camping, but Luke wasn't impressed.  He simply quit opening his mouth.  Now, if we put the food WE were eating near his mouth, he was like a little bird begging for it!

Fact 4
Luke is great in restaurants!  I put the cart cover over the high chair or booster seat to protect Lukey from all the germies, then I put a plastic cover over the table in front of him to further protect him, and then I start shoveling food in his little mouth because he LOVES to eat!  He knows that the cart cover and plastic place mat on the table mean FOOD.

Fact 5
I finally found a sippy cup that Luke likes!  I have spent a small fortune trying to find one that he would drink out of, and the winner is the Nuby!  It has a silicone top piece which he knows how to suck out of.  The plastic tops on all the others leave him confused.

Fact 6
 Luke is now doing a little move where he walks/crawls with his hands and one knee on the floor, and the other leg fully extended, pushing himself along.  I suppose he will be walking on all fours before long.  

Fact 7
Andrew saw Luke standing up in the middle of his play pen.  He got up on his hands and feet, then picked his hands up and stood there balancing.  It was short lived, but I know what is coming next!  He isn't pulling himself up to anything YET.  I bet that post is coming soon.

Fact 8
Baby gate number 1 was just installed.  We'll see how Lukey likes it (or not!) when he gets up from his nap!


1 comment:

Tully Family said...

He is adorable! :)

Elizabeth is totally smitten. She kept waving at him Sunday morning & trying to get him to smile back at her.