I was just sitting in my rocking chair with my precious baby boy cuddled up on my chest, rocking slowly back and forth, listening to the sound of his sweet breath with every inhale and exhale. His little face was turned up towards mine, those blue eyes sparkling, and I leaned down and kissed the warm, soft skin between his eyes, and the tip of his sweet little nose that gets lost between those yummy, chubby cheeks. My kisses brought a smile to his petite ruby lips, and I got a glimpse of those white chompers emerging forth from his little gums. Oh my! What joy and delight to squeeze his roly-poly, little flesh in my arms!
"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." Psalm 139:13-16
I am full of praise and gratitude to the Lord God Almighty for the four babies He has graciously filled my arms with! What blessings given by grace!
My heart remembers well the painful road of infertility traveled 20 years ago, then again beginning five years ago . . . .
. . . . and I rejoice that at the end of the road were the blessings of Christian, Andrew, Sarah and Luke!
And here we are again, Tom and I, before the throne of the Almighty, asking for another blessing . . . .
Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward. Psalm 127:3
. . . . . a blessing given by grace.
Our journey to another blessing, Lord willing, is taking us down a less traveled path . . . . . the path of embryo adoption!


1 comment:
Continuing to pray for you!!! I wanted to ask you Sunday but wasn't sure if you had shared the news with others. Send me an email update when you can.
Post a Comment