Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fuzz . . . . .


THIS is why they call me Fuzz!

Might we have some curls forming?

Chillin' in my new Britax Marathon 70 (and showing off my top toofers).

Eat 'em up!  Yum!

I'm in the big leagues now!

Who knew running water could be so entertaining?

"Here doggy, doggy, doggy, doggy . . . ."


Fun Facts About Luke

Fact 1
When we walked in to church last week, several people commented that it looked like Luke had grown a lot of new hair in the last couple of weeks, and I think they are right!  Ever since he was born, his hair stands straight up after it gets washed, which is why we started calling him Fuzz (see first pic above).  His hair also appears to have some curl to it in back, especially when he sweats back there.  Is it possible for him to get any cuter??!!  Blond hair, blue eyes, AND CURLS?  Oh my!  Take the key and lock him up, lock him up, lock him up!  Take the key and lock him up, my fair little boy!

Fact 2
   Luke has a spiffy new Britax car seat!  We chose it for several reasons, the first being that it is one of the highest rated seats for safety.  The second reason is that he can stay in the rear-facing position until he is 40 lbs. (provided his legs are still comfortable), and once he reaches 40 lbs., he can sit in a forward-facing position until he is 70 lbs.

Fact 3
Lukey LOVES strawberries.  Of all the foods he has tried, strawberries are definitely his favorite!  In the picture above, he tried to lick the high chair tray after he ate all the strawberries!
Fact 4
Luke has graduated to the big bathtub!  No more pictures of Luke in the kitchen sink with dirty dinner dishes behind him.  (Hold your applause)

Fact 5
Luke is captivated by water running out of the tap.  Daddy is sweating in anticipation of some high bills down the road . . . .

Fact 6
Luke is terrified of loud noises!  I was making an orange julius earlier this week and when I started the blender, the ice cubes being crushed terrified him and he screamed like I have never heard him before!  BROKE MY HEART!!!!  Of course, the older kids had great fun making me feel bad for scaring my sweet little baby boy.  He doesn't like the vacuum either, but he doesn't cry -- he growls and hollers at it!  He stiffens up, furrows his brow and talks nasty to it!  Our new protocol is for one person to take Lukey into a different room while loud activities are going on elsewhere in the house.
Fact 7
Luke has a ball crawling everywhere!  I'm mostly in the kitchen during the day, and while I work, he crawls around chasing after toys.  He likes to pick a toy up, give it a heave ho, crawl to it and then do it all over again.  

Fact 8
Luke's favorite sounds to make are "da" and "th."  No "ma" yet.  I'm a workin' on it.  :)

Fact 9
Luke has learned that if he makes a sustained sound with his voice in the car when it is moving, it will make his voice vibrate.  A few weeks ago, I thought that he was humming, which I guess he is in a way, but I just realized why this week.  He is just adorable to watch in the car -- his voice and cheeks vibrate in unison!

Have I mentioned lately that he is growing up way too fast?  He just makes my heart swell with joy and love!  (That last part goes for ALL of my kids!!!)

1 comment:

Tully Family said...

LOVE those teeth! :)