Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Stop the Clock!!!!!!!!!


Bubby Fuzz is changing faster than I can keep up with!!!!!  Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!  I tell him that every day, and do you know what he says?  He squeals really, really high -- seriously high -- so high it hurts my ears -- and laughs!  He does not care that my momma's heart is wanting him to stay my little baby forever!  I tried it with the other three too . . . . they didn't care either.  I'm seeing the pattern.  Babies don't stay babies.  Toddlers don't stay toddlers.  Gap-toothed five-year-olds don't stay gap-toothed forever either.  How fleeting and precious is each and every moment that our heavenly Father has given us to love, nurture and influence our little ones for His eternal glory!

We held a Bible study here at our house last night, and we listened to a CD by Doug Wilson on what the Bible says about how we are to raise our children.  Something that he said has stuck hard with me, and I pray that the Holy Spirit never lets me forget it for a minute -- our children are the only eternal things in our lives!  I realize that the statement is not so profound and maybe quite obvious to some, but I guess I've never pondered that truth.  NOTHING else is as important as what I do for my children each day.  That's not to say that nothing else matters each day, for certainly there are the essentials of eating, sleeping and taking care of ones daily work and chores, but I cannot allow my desires to do what brings me gratification (no matter how industrious those things may be) to interfere with the mighty task God has given me to teach and influence the four children He has blessed Tom and I with in His great mercy.  Sometimes it's so much easier for me to check things off of my to do list than to do those things in which results cannot be immediately measured!

Things were pretty quiet around here today.  This morning, Tom left on a trip, Andrew left for Alabama with the Fowler family to help some families rebuild following the devastating tornadoes a couple of months ago, and Christian spent the day at the library studying and then went to work, so it has been just Sarah, Bubby and I around here for the day.  Too much quiet!  I will be very happy when everyone gathers back here at home Saturday night for dinner!

I gauge when to do a new post on Bubby by how many pictures I have of him.  I love grabbing the cameras to see what photos the family has gotten of our little cherub!  Sarah wins for taking the most Bubby pictures this past week:

Bubby was mesmerized with the bubbles that Andrew was blowing for him!  I am proud of myself -- I looked the other way while sticky bubbles popped on my floor and on my window sill.  Bubby loved it!  I can clean it all up later.  Better yet, I can enlist slave labor for the task . . . .

"I'm gonna get you Sissy!"

"I'm climbing on your legs Sissy!"  

"Gotcha Sissy!"

"Oh no!  You got me!"

"I can smile for the camera now.  See?  Cheese!"

"I do believe I have more hair than Daddy does."

I said, "Let! Me! Out!"

Guess who now pulls up to everything, including his bed?

"Aren't you happy Mommy and Daddy that I can wake you up with my sweet face staring at you every morning?  Daddy, I'm going to ignore that I heard you say that you think I might need my own room now!"

Luke's favorite night night position -- on his side, thumb in his mouth and clutching his blankey.

Asleep at last!  This picture was taken at church Sunday afternoon.  Lukey Britches was busy, busy, busy and fussy, fussy, fussy Sunday at church.  It was also a church dinner Sunday, so it was a long day for the little guy.  Just before we got ready to leave around 2:30, he finally gave up and drifted off to sleep.  Yay Daddy!  Whew!

1 comment:

Tully Family said...

That talk was good! It's good every now & then to stop & ponder & pray over what we're doing as parents.