Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Confessions

1.  I think was still a bit loopy on Valium when I wrote the post "Babies on Board."  I apologize if I was too graphic in the description of my transfer!  I know there are little eyes out there that read this blog, and I would never want to cause them to stumble, or for me to be made a PG-13 blog.  Nobody complained - I just felt checked in my spirit so I made a few revisions.

2.  I eat chocolate most every day (at least 70% cocoa and organic).

3.  I have to rub my feet together to fall asleep at night.

4.  I met my husband online.  (GASP!  You know, where all the desperate people go.)  Our Luke's birth mother also met us online - online relationships can turn out very wonderful!

5.  Sauerkraut is my favorite food.  I love sauerkraut more than chocolate, more than ice cream, more than hot spinach artichoke dip, more than homemade guacamole (definitely a close second!), truly more than anything.  I rarely buy it because my family doesn't like it, and I would eat it all in one sitting.  I recently acquired a fermenting jar and plan on making my own soon.

6.  I have a fear of helicopters.  Have ever since I was a little girl, and I still run for cover when I hear one coming.

7.  I keep my shoes in individual, plastic storage containers, stacked neatly, with a picture of them on the front, and a label with their name.  (Evidently, I had too much time on my hands at some point.)

8.  I look forward to my PIO injections.  Yep.  They challenge me and give me satisfaction when I administer a pain-free, no bleeder, no bruise with minimal soreness.  And it truly amazes me how effortlessly that needle slides into my flesh.  I admit that I do cheat by using a 25 gauge needle.  It takes a little longer, but definitely worth the comfort on entry.  (God bless you Jennifer for all the injections you took with those 18 gauge needles!  OUCH!)  I'm probably going to lose some bloggy friends over this confession, because surely it reveals a neurological disorder.

9.  Hubby and I were in Target the other night and went in different directions for a bit.  I was in the same aisle as the pregnancy tests.  I walked right past them, didn't even look at them and went to the next aisle over.  Then I went back and stared at them.  I even smiled at them.  I looked, but I didn't touch.  AND THEN I WALKED AWAY.  What liberation!!!!!!  This POASaholic has been reformed!!!!!!


Back to my kitchen as the company will begin arriving within the hour!  I pray for God's richest blessings on all of you as you reflect on God's provision for you and your families throughout this past year! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I don't remember anything being PG-13 worthy but then I knew what to expect. Good for you for walking away from the tests! And sauerkraut- yuck!! =)
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Aaron and Jennifer said...

Haha! Yeah, those 18 gauge needles were rough, but I thought to myself..."it's for the babies" and I didn't think twice about it! :)

Mary Pat Banks said...

Praying for you Kris. I enjoy your posts, watching your kids grow up in front of my eyes is such a blessing,I'm Thankful for or friendship 21 yrs. Your an inspriation to many.

Mary McDevitt Banks.