After every embryo transfer comes THE WAIT. I am waiting. Waiting to see if any or all of the embryos have nestled into my womb and continue to grow.
I pray for the little ones that were transferred to my womb often. REALLY often. They are on my mind constantly.
As often as they are on my mind, I wouldn't say that I am obsessing about them. I totally trust the outcome of this transfer to the Lord. As I pray and make my petitions known to the Lord, I am striving to find the balance between believing that He will answer my prayers and the desires of my heart, and praying for His will to be done.
Hebrews 4:16 tells us to "come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." I boldly come! I ask for mercy on the behalf of three little souls in my womb, that He would graciously grant them breath here on earth. And I ask Him for grace if His answer to my prayer and the desire of my heart is, "No."
Scripture is clear on what God's thoughts are about children - He loves them, they are a blessing to them He bestows them upon, and the fruit of the womb is a reward. (Psalm 127)
I know that my desire for more children is not contrary to Scripture and God's plan for a husband and wife to be fruitful and multiply. Tom and I have the desire for more children so that we may raise them to serve, honor and glorify the Lord, so that they may be fruitful and multiply and raise their own children to serve, honor and glorify the Lord, and so on, and so on. Our desire is for generations of faithful followers of Jesus Christ, for His glory alone.
And so we humbly, but boldly, ask for more blessings, and praise the Lord for His faithfulness to all generations!
Thank you for praying with us!


5 comments:
Hi Kristine! I am so glad to 'meet' you. I'm always excited to meet other moms who are raising babies in their 40's. I'm glad that my story has encouraged you. That's the reason I started my blog~ to be an encouragement to others. God is so very faithful!It will be an honor to cover you in prayer during your 2ww and beyond.
You said this so well. Balancing faith and fear is such a struggle...I remember these same emotions as I waited for God's will to be revealed regarding all 3 of our FETs. Praying for all of you!
I love your attitude and perspective! God will be glorified in whatever outcome He has planned for your family. Praying!
Praying with you all!
My mom said to tell you that she has enjoyed reading your blog so much! Praying for you and your little ones!!
Post a Comment