Monday, April 11, 2011

BUBBY

 I don't get my picture taken very often with Luke since I'm the one who is usually holding the camera, so if someone happens to have a camera in their hand, I say, "Oh!  Oh!  Take our picture!"  Yay!  Another memory captured!


I took this one on the way home from church last night.  He reminded of me of Linus -- clutching his blankey and thumb in his mouth!  EXTREME CUTENESS!!!!


 Andrew as Linus in "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown"

Fun Facts About Luke
Fact 1
Luke has a very strong attachment to me.  I would be lying if i said that I wasn't happy.  This is what I prayed for!  It does have its challenges, however.  If momma isn't holding him, he's not happy.  He'll tolerate Daddy, sissy and brothers for a bit, but then he's just got to have momma.  I'm eating it up while I can -- the day is quickly coming where he will be Daddy's little shadow. 
Fact 2
Luke is becoming mobile.  He is all over his bed, making it difficult to keep him covered up.  I have to put a thicker sleeper on him at night to compensate.  He has learned to get up on his knees, but hasn't learned how to make everything work in order to crawl.  After I laid him down for a nap yesterday, he inched his little legs up until his bottom half was standing, yet his head was laying on his bed.  Think of the letter "A," the top of the A being his little rump.  It was quite cute!
Fact 3
Luke no longer likes his binky.  Now, this is a mixed blessing!  It was very difficult to break Christian and Andrew of their binky habit, so I'm glad that he has given it up at such a young age.  However, I have lost some control.  If he started to fuss in the car, in church, in the store, wherever, he was easily quieted with his binky.  Now, I have to come up with some other source of pacification.  (Is that a word?!) 
Fact 4
Luke has given up his binky because he now prefers his thumb.  I'm glad that his thumb is readily available, but sometimes he forgets to leave it in his mouth and he gets mad when it is gone.
Fact 5
Just in the last 24 hours, Luke has started noticing our food.  He stares intently at it, tries to grab it, and drools profusely.  I was hoping to wait a few more weeks to start introducing solids, but I think I may have to do it sooner than I planned.  It's all good though!  We are so thankful for a healthy little boy who is thriving!
Fact 6
Luke thinks his name is Bubby.  Seriously.  We've gotten into the habit of calling him Bubby for some time now.  Yesterday, I kept calling, "Luke!"  "Luke!"  trying to get him to look at me.  No success.  Finally, I called, "Bubby!"  and he immediately looked at me.  Oh dear.

No comments: