I laid Luke down for his nap on his belly this afternoon, and he immediately flipped over to his back! The kids and I had been outside taking some pictures, so I had my camera was able to snap this picture of him just as he flipped. Doesn't he look proud?!!
The Thomases have been BUSY! I know -- you would never know it by looking at this blog. I am ashamed at how little I have posted lately, especially given all the fun things we've been doing. I prefer to let the pictures tell the story on our blog, and it's kind of hard to post pictures when I keep forgetting my camera. Ugh. We've spent a lot of time with friends the last two weeks, and how many pictures do I have to show for it? NADA! I'm going to try to do better at multi-tasking!
Got some sweet pics of my kiddos today! It's not easy getting a four-month old to look at the camera and smile, especially when there is so much to look at outside. Our kitties got excited that we were out there with them, so as I'm trying to take pictures, the kitties were rubbing against the kids' backs and legs -- very distracting! Little Luke was far more interested in those kitties than he was in looking at the camera!
Most of our animals play nice together. MOST. Baxter likes to chase the cats up trees. This is Klondike and Molly who play nice.
Luke has gotten strong enough to hang out in his Johnny Jump Up!
Exercising those back and leg muscles with Andrew!
Fun Facts About Luke
Fact 1
Luke has very sharp finger nails. And they grow very fast. I do my best to keep them trimmed, but he always seems to get me with the one little bit of nail that I couldn't quite get. I noticed today that not only did he get my neck, but he got his little face.
Fact 2
Luke's little hands are in non-stop motion! He is grabbing at everything, and it is good to keep him focused on grabbing an inanimate object. If he manages to grab a human body part, count on it being a little painful. Luke can pinch! HARD. Of course, he doesn't know that he is pinching -- he's just randomly grabbing at whatever is within his reach.
Fact 3
Luke can roll from his belly to his back!
Fact 4
Luke can babble with 3 hard consonant sounds -- b, d and m. He loves to "talk," and when he really gets going, the drool goes flying!
Fact 5
Luke is sleeping great! Last night, I laid him down in his bed at 8:30, and I didn't hear a peep from him until 7:45 this morning! Happy, happy, joy, joy!
Fact 6
Luke is starting to notice our food. He is thriving on his liquid diet, but I will start introducing very simple, solid foods soon.



No comments:
Post a Comment