Monday, April 25, 2011

Growing So Fast!


Luke has a new high chair!  After doing some research and getting my friends opinions on what they like the best, the Eddie Bauer wooden high chair was my choice.  My first three all used a high chair that was made of plastic and was a booger to clean, so my criteria was that it must be easy to clean, and well made (I want it to be used by grandbabies too).  After the decision was made to purchase an Eddie Bauer, the hunt was on!  All I could find was cherry or black finish, and while I love both finishes, I don't want them on a high chair because they will show chips and scratches.  Luke's buddy, Nate, has an Eddie Bauer high chair in a lighter finish, so I knew that at one point they were made.  I found this one in great condition on craigs list and for a great price.  I bleached it from top to bottom and both Luke and I love it!  The seat cover that came with it was nasty, so into the trash it went.  I found a cute cover at etsy.com, homemade by a grandmother who started making them for her grandkids.  It's made in a cute frog and toadstool pattern (click the picture to see it larger).

Bath time after dinner!

Precious angel!

I took this pic of Andrew and Luke with my phone Sunday night -- I know it's blurry, but I love it!

Fun Facts About Luke
Fact 1
Luke loves to stand up!  When anyone is holding him while sitting down, the only position he is happy in is standing up on their lap.  He's one strong little guy!
Fact 2
  Luke still likes to sleep a lot.  Two hours is the maximum he can stay awake at any one time, which is why he has to take a quickie nap in the evening.  His schedule looks something like this:
6:00 a.m. - Bottle and then back to sleep
9:00 - 9:30 a.m. - Wake up, bottle and play time
11:00 a.m. - Nap
12:30 p.m. - Wake up, bottle and play time
2:00 - 2:30 p.m. - Nap
5:00 p.m. - Wake up, bottle and play time
6:30 p.m. - Nap
7:00 p.m. - Wake up and play time
8:00 p.m. - Bottle and down for the night
Fact 3
Luke cut his bottom left tooth today!  It's too small to take a picture of yet, but I'll try to get something up soon.  Might have to wait until he's asleep . . . .
Fact 4
I am now buying 18 month clothing!  Luke now weighs 19 lbs., which means that we are looking to buy another car seat for him.
Fact 5
Luke moves like an inch worm around his bed.  He likes to scrunch his chubby, little legs up under him, and then push forward with them.  I guess that would be a form of crawling (he does it when he's laying on a blanket on the floor too) but he hasn't mastered using his arms in conjunction with his legs to get around yet.   
Fact 6
Luke loves to smile!  He's always got a smile on his face when we're here at home.  He's a little more somber when we go out because he seems to be wary of strangers.  He makes us laugh sometimes, because he will be crying, but also trying to smile!
 Fact 7
Our family is enjoying Luke immensely!  He has brought such joy to our home!  We want to multiply that joy, so we have begun the process to add to our family again.  No news to share yet!


2 comments:

Tully Family said...

We have the same chair. I've never used the cover b/c I find it is easier to clean without it.

Kristine said...

The cover might disappear after he actually starts eating in it! Right now, he just uses it to sit in and play with toys.