It is with a grateful heart that I praise the Lord for preserving my life for another year! I am humbled each and every morning when I awake and realize that I live and breathe and have my being because the sustainer of all life has been gracious to me. Oh that I may love Him deeper and serve Him better in this next year of my life!
My family was so sweet to me today! They gave me a beautiful cameo for my birthday (I love antique jewelry), and then we spent the afternoon in Macon touring a historical home, the Johnston-Felton-Hay House. The Hay House is an absolutely gorgeous mansion that has been privately owned by three families, and is now owned by the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Our family walked away with the message that you can have an abundance of earthly riches and have the best of everything, but there is still an appointed time for each of us to die. When we each breathe our last breath, we take nothing with us from this earth. Only what is done for Christ will last!
Carrabba's won the vote for dinner. Luke had been so good all afternoon, but he was at his limit by the time we got there. He didn't make any fuss while we were in the restaurant, but I was doing acrobatics keeping him quiet! Following dinner, we took a detour and took Luke for his first visit to the Bass Pro Shop. There was lots for him to see there and he was quite happy! When we got back in to McDonough, we made a stop at Marble Slab Creamery for some birthday ice cream. Yum!









1 comment:
Happy birthday... late. :(
Post a Comment