Friday, September 23, 2011

I took a test this morning . . . . .







SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!(not)





It was negative.








Duh.  Of course it was negative!  I'M ONLY 4dp5dt!!!!!!!!!  Why, oh why, do I do this to myself????

Anybody else have confessions of obsession in the 2ww?

I have read of women getting a +hpt at 4dp5dt, so I thought, "Wouldn't it be awesome if I was one of those women who tested positive so early?"  So, last week, I bought 11 hpt's.  Yep.  You read that right -- 11-- a combination of FRER's and Dollar Tree cheapies.  The question I failed to ask myself was, "What happens if it is negative?  Can you stay patient and positive?"  

I tested with an FRER which can detect hcg as low as 12.5 and I got a stark white test area -   not even a faint line.  Nada.  Nil.  It immediately made me very, very sad and depressed.  I lost all perspective in that moment -- perspective that God is sovereign over all , perspective that He has given me a calm spirit (up until I tested), perspective that it is FAR TOO EARLY to be testing!  I have rebounded this afternoon and gained my perspective again and am in my right mind (well, let's not take a vote on that with my family right now!).  As of this moment, I am not testing again until the morning of my beta, and that day shall remain a secret.  

I should probably ask Tom to hide the tests from me . . . . .

7 comments:

Lara said...

We went on a cruise during the 2ww. It was a great way to relax and take my mind of waiting. I POAS on 10dp5dt (the day after Thanksgiving) while on the cruise ship. My beta was the following Monday. Hang in there. Hope the next week goes by quickly.

Room for More said...

I obsess are you kidding? I AM THE POAS Queen as my hubby calls me!
I got a positive HPT on 5dp 5dt. It was SUPER DUPER faint. Then I took a morning HPT and an afternoon HPT up until my Blood test! Yeah, I am a case huh?

God is sovereign. I know it. I prayed for a calm spirit, which I had, I am just want to know!! Funny though, when it comes to finding out the sex of our babies though, we wait until they are born. I guess I am more patient for some things and not others.

If you hold out and don't do any more HPTs, I will be totally impressed. I caved time and time again! I could send you all my progression pictures of my labeled HPTs LOL!!

Hang in there! I am praying : )

Room for More said...

p.s. btw, I took an internet cheapie test on 5dp5dt and my FRER didn't show a positive line (and VERY faint at that) until 7dp5dt. just sayin' : )

Kristine said...

Thanks for sayin'!

Tully Family said...

Cheap tests don't work. (NOT that I'm telling you to run out & try an expensive one!)

Thanks for your honesty with this post. I lost perspective this morning too & let my tiredness- um, SIN- ruin my day and sadly my familys. :( Sigh. It is good to be forgiven- both by my God and my loved ones!

Aaron and Jennifer said...

Yes, 4dp5dt could still be too early. I stayed away from HPTs for my 1st FET. My 2nd FET, I took a digital FR at 10dp5dt and got a positive. However, 2 days later my beta was really, really low and my 2nd beta was negative. For my 3rd FET, I took a HPT after my beta (while waiting on the results) and got a positive with great beta numbers! Praying for you! :)

Room for More said...

tomorrow is 10dp5dt...so tomorrow is beta day I am guessing?