Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Quick Update

I went to the doctor today and my body is ready to receive those precious little lives on Monday! Dr. Keenan is looking for my uterine lining to be at least 7mm and my estrogen (E2) to be at least 150.  My lining was at 12mm and my E2 was 579.5.  Woo hoo!  The nurse at the NEDC gave me clearance to start the progesterone injections tomorrow morning.  I'm not as excited about starting those as I am for the transfer on Monday, but I'll do whatever Dr. Keenan tells me so that my body is an ideal environment for the little ones.

We have been in Michigan the last week for my late husband's father's funeral (I have lots to share, but not tonight).  As we drove down through Knoxville yesterday, just a few miles from the NEDC, my heart yearned for those five little lives that were so close in proximity as we drove past.  Little did we know that when we went to the NEDC in July, that they were waiting for us just in the other room.  All is being revealed in God's perfect timing, and there is such liberation and peace in knowing that He has ordained all things for His glory and our good!

I know the statistics when it comes to thawing embryos - 25% of them don't survive.  However, we aren't allowing the statistics to hinder our prayers.  Tom and I are fervently praying that the Lord grant life to every embryo that is thawed!  He who has given life to the tiniest of these can sustain it if He wills it to be so.  We wholly trust in His sovereign and perfect will no matter the outcome.

We are in the process of unloading the trailer, cleaning and washing so that we can start reloading tomorrow for our trip up to Knoxville on Saturday.  

I will update as soon as I can!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Yay! Praying for you all!

Tully Family said...

Praying for you all this weekend!