Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Relaxed Day

 We spent a quiet day here at the campground enjoying one another's company, reading, taking walks outside and taking naps.  We don't live like this very often -- it was wonderful!


Sarah and I decided that Lukey needed a bath after crawling around on the trailer floors.  I said we would just do it in the sink, but Sarah thought we should do it in the bathtub.  Truthfully, I was feeling very lazy and didn't want to bleach out the bathtub and have to lean over the side to give Lukey a bath.  The sink was already bleached down saving me some work, so into the sink he went.  I quickly regretted my decision as water went flying everywhere!  He had it splashing over the sides and all over Sarah and I - we were laughing SO HARD!  We laughed even harder when he reached up and turned the faucet on which we had moved out of the way so water went all over the counter.  The two of us could hardly keep control of this wild little man!  I know it makes us sound totally incompetent, but this child is FAST!  You can see FUN written all over his face in the pic above!

Whew!  Out of the sink!

Swinging and cautiously watching the ducks with Daddy

Here are the ducks they were watching about 20 feet away.  I brought a box of Cheerios out and made the ducks very happy.

"I still don't like ducks."

We finished our day with dinner at Olive Garden which Lukey loved!  This boy can EAT!

4 comments:

Tully Family said...

What a lovely time/place! Mr. Luke looks so much older in that last pic! WOW!

When do you all travel home?

Kristine said...

Headed home today since it has been raining all night and is forecast to continue for the next few days. Not only does Luke look older, he is acting much older! We have had a ball with him this trip!

Room for More said...

What a fun trip! Another thing we have in common...We have a travel trailer too. Does yours have the 4 bunks in the very back? The family room/dining looks just like ours! Thank you for the sweet email. I will respond. It's just been busy with new baby! : )

Kristine said...

We have a Timberlodge Sky trailer that has a loft in the back that sleeps 3 (more if they are small!). We love traveling in it! We are such homebodies that it's the only way that we get out. :) We had some repair issues a few years ago with trailer right before a planned trip to the Creation Museum. We told the kids that we weren't going to be able to take the trailer. They asked if that meant we were staying in a hotel and when we said yes, they said no thanks!