It is with great joy that I announce that 3 little embryos were transferred today!
We arrived at the NEDC at 11:30 for our 12:00 transfer. I had taken my meds (ibuprofen, albuterol, and valium) one hour prior and was definitely feeling the effects! Not to mention that I had a full bladder (required for the transfer). We were a little concerned when we signed in at the front desk and were told that Dr. Keenan had been trying to reach us on my phone (which we had left in the trailer for Sarah). A few minutes later he came into the waiting room to talk to us about our embryos.
All four of our primary donors embryos had been thawed -- one had arrested, two were of very poor quality (Dr. Keenan gave them a 1% chance of survival), and 1 was of excellent quality. We were heart broken to hear that we had lost one, so we had to process that for a bit. We had indicated that we wanted to transfer 3 embryos, and given the low probability that two of them would survive, we decided that we would thaw the one remaining embryo from our secondary donors. Dr. Keenan was totally comfortable with transferring 4 given the low probability of survival for 2 of them.
By the time we got back to the transfer room, we were told that another embryo had arrested leaving us with 3 to transfer. Our hearts were so sad at the loss of two embryos, but we were so thankful to the Lord for the 3 that remained. Dr. Keenan transferred 1-5AA emerging blast, 1-5AB emerging blast, and 1-6CD hatched blast. There is a fertility center in Chicago that explains embryo grading that has been very helpful to us in understanding the development of our embryos. You can go here if you wish to learn more. In quick summary, 5AA and 5AB are very high quality grades, while 6CD is a very low grade.
Our babies - 5AB on the top left, 5AA on the top right, 6CD on the bottom
Unfortunately, I do not have a scanner here in the RV, so this is the best I can do!
Holding the babies after the transfer!
We are surrendered to the will of God almighty, the creator of all things, the giver, sustainer and taker of life. To Him be honor, power and glory both now and forevermore! Amen!




3 comments:
Glad to hear the news...I've been anxiously awaiting updates. Praying for you all!
Continuing to pray for you & your little ones!!!
I am praying here for all of you. We know the pain of losing babies at such an early stage. One of our wee ones (of 3) we lost was hatched and trying to find a place to attach. He/she died before the doctors could transfer him/her. It broke my heart and I grieved so badly for all of our lost ones, but that one even more I believe. I will explain why another time. I am rejoicing that you have three little ones living inside of you. Rest up and count down the days until your first beta draw!
Post a Comment