Saturday, April 26, 2008

Departing Williamsburg - Heading for DC!

No pictures to post today!

We said our good-byes this morning to Jim, who was also leaving the campground and heading north.

We stayed off of the main highway and took scenic routes to our destination, Cherry Hill Campground Park in College Park, Maryland. We drove through some beautiful farm country, and crossed the Governor Harry Nice Memorial Bridge on US 301, taking us over the Potomac River, and leading us from Virginia into Maryland.

This has been such a great trip! We have really enjoyed being together and the whole RV experience. Notice I didn't say "camping" experience. We have been reminded by our friends that since we have heat, a/c, a potty, and a hot shower in our trailer, we can't call it camping. Compared to some of the rigs that are pulled in here among us, we camp! I'm absolutely amazed at the number of motor homes in the parks we stay in!

I wish I could capture for you all of the moments that have made this trip so wonderful. Some of the conversations we have each day are hilarious! Some of us have done and said some really silly things, but out of respect for our fellow family members, we will be keeping those moments to ourselves. :o) The kids and I have been engaging in nightly Dutch Blitz tournaments, and I must confess that the students have mastered the game better than their teacher! It is very humbling to be repeatedly beaten by your children in a game that you taught them . . . . As the kids reminded me, "Well, Mom, you ARE 40 now . . . . . "

No comments: