Saturday, April 5, 2008

It's been so long . . . .


I ask all of the faithful readers of our family blog to please forgive me for such a long time between posts! Sickness has been in our family since February 14th, hitting me twice and putting me far behind in my responsibilities. Computer time becomes a low priority when I've so much to catch up on!

The past few weeks here in Georgia have been just beautiful! The beauty began in mid-March when the Bradford pear trees were in full bloom. After gazing at leafless tree branches for a few months, it is such a blessing and delight to see these burst forth in bloom, while all the other trees around them are still bare. This past week, I noticed the wild wisteria blooms around town -- another one of my favorites. It is a sight to behold when driving down the road -- imagine tall trees with thousands of lavender, grape cluster shaped, blooms hanging from them. Breathtaking, I assure you! Other blooms I noticed this week were the azaleas and the dogwood trees. Springtime in Georgia is glorious!

Christian and Bryan showed their robot project at the Georgia Science and Engineering Fair in Athens this past week. They were given a third place standing, which they were thrilled with, as they never expected to even qualify for advancement to the state competition. The ideas are already flowing between them for next year's entry. Andrew and Sarah have some ideas of their own and are hoping to enter their own projects in the local fair next year. I am so proud of all three of them, as I never had any interest whatsoever to compete in any academic competition!

Christian and Andrew went to the Anderson's house last week for the primary purpose of Bryan and Christian putting final touches on their project for the science fair. After the work was done, the boys enjoyed exploring the woods by the Anderson's house. Christian now has a case of poison ivy on his right leg, despite the fact that he had on socks and long pants! We have learned that Bryan also contracted some, even though the boys reported never seeing any. As I write, Tom and Christian are attempting to cover his leg in gauze and an ace bandage to prevent it from spreading any further. Last time Christian got into it, we didn't cover it, and you could trace the pattern of how it spread from body part to body part coming into contact with each other. We pray this passes quickly for him!

I am anticipating some long-time friends visiting us next weekend to celebrate my 40th birthday this month. Yes, you read right -- 40!!! So hopefully, I'll have some fun pictures to post next week! Also, we are leaving on vacation in about a week and a half, so check back for those updates.

I have updated below with a couple of happenings of these past few weeks!


No comments: