Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'm now 40 and one day . . . .

. . . . . and as my kids have reminded me, less than halfway to 80. I think they are taking my age harder than I am!

Tuesdays, Christian has a full day of classes, so we stayed around the campground again today. Tom and I went out in the afternoon to get groceries, while Andrew and Sarah played board games together (doesn't that make you think of a cute Norman Rockwell painting of two kids playing a game together?)

Our camping neighbor, Jim, loves to cook and offered to make us his special homemade pizza for dinner tonight. I have never been a fan of homemade pizza, but his pizza was awesome! I will be getting his recipe for the crust, as I think that's what made it so good. There is a pizza place in Michigan, Maria's, that sells take and bake pizzas, and the kids said it tasted like a Maria's pizza -- a very high compliment indeed!

A new family pulled in across from us today, and their kids and our kids quickly introduced themselves. Alyssa (12) and Andrew (14) are also homeschooled, so they all have a lot in common and had a ball spending time together the rest of the day. They have big plans to meet each other at the picnic table in the morning at 8:00 a.m. Yeah. Right.



Jim with his homemade pizza



All of us enjoying Jim's pizza



Unsocialized Homeschoolers (an inside homeschool joke)
Sarah, Alyssa, Andrew, Christian and Andrew


Making s'mores around the campfire before they took off to play hide-and-seek in the campground



No comments: