Monday, April 21, 2008

Guess who is 40 today?

The author of this blog reached the 40 year milestone this April 21st, 2008. How does it feel? Honestly, it is very humbling! Who am I that God should choose to allow me to live for 40 years on this earth? Every day I live, every breath I take is a precious gift from Him! When you bury a husband that was only 34 years of age, you are given perspective. I confess that I took my life for granted up until that time. I don't know how many days I have left to live and breathe, but I will cherish every day!

So what did I spend the day doing? We are on vacation, but our first priority is the kids' schoolwork. Christian has got some deadlines to meet for his classes this week, so we stayed at the campground all day today, allowing him the opportunity to study. Sarah and I did several loads of laundry and straightened up the trailer, and then Tom and I played Homeschoolopoly with her (like Monopoly, but all homeschool related -- fun!)

I was rather concerned on our first day here at the campground when the trains came through. They were LOUD and shook the ground, and I thought, "Oh my word! How are we going to sleep through that?!" Well, we don't! Every night, several trains come through and wake the kids and I up each time. Tom is the only who sleeps through them, because he takes ear plugs with him wherever he goes. Anyway, as annoying as they are at night, the kids have been having a ball running to the track each time they hear the whistle in the distance. Like all kids like to do, they laid coins out on the track and discovered first hand what several tons of steel will do to them!



Tom treated the family to dinner at Carrabba's in honor of my birthday -- it was so yummy!


When traveling, you gotta do what you gotta do to get things done! We had laundry hanging from every available space!



The kids and I enjoying a game of Dutch Blitz. This is probably my favorite game! The kids have gotten quite good and usually beat me. They reminded me that since I'm now halfway to 80, it should get easier and easier to beat me . . . . .


Sarah and Dad saying good-night!

No comments: