I am now 2dp5dt (translated - 2 days past a 5 day transfer) and feel wonderful physically (except for a little soreness from PIO injections), mentally and emotionally. The Lord has taught me much on this journey of infertility, and one thing I have learned is that I control nothing. My loving heavenly Father who does all things for my good will work His good and perfect will for His glory and my benefit (even when I can't see what the benefit is). Sometimes it is with tears that I accept what He wills for my good, but I praise Him for His constant loving care of every little detail in my life. As I lounged on the very back bench of the Excursion as we meandered through the hills of north Georgia this afternoon, the Holy Spirit brought Phillippians 4:6-7 to my mind - "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
I am so thankful that God lead us to embryo adoption! I am so thankful for a tender-hearted husband who discerned that embryo adoption was the path the Lord wanted us to take, and that is why I am not anxious. I wanted to pursue embryo adoption a few years ago, but Tom felt strongly that it wasn't the right time and that we were to list our profile at Christian*Adoption. Because of his obedience, we are now mommy and daddy to the most amazing little boy! No matter the outcome of this transfer, I am filled with the peace of God which surpasses all understanding knowing that we are on the path He chose for us. Now, just because I am not anxious does not mean that I am not going to test at home with hpt's! I need to know which direction things are going before I get a call from the nurse telling me what my beta number is next week.
Lukey's dislike for ducks that we discovered this week reminded me of some pictures I wanted to share. A few weeks ago, Luke's GG sent him a stuffed animal that we have named Chuck. He was given that name because we can't figure out if he is a duck or a chicken. He has the feet of a chicken, but the bill of a duck, thus the name Chuck. I laughed so hard when I took him out of the box because I immediately thought of the grumpy picture I had taken of Luke back in July. Does anybody else see the resemblance between Chuck and Mr. Grumpy Gills?
Mr. Grumpy Gills
Chuck


4 comments:
Those pics are hilarious! Too cute! And Mr. Luke is just adorable.
Praying that your transfer is successful. EA is amazing! Can't wait to follow your journey.
Glad you are having a relaxing trip home. I love the grumpy face. I think it's a chicken because of the feet.
The pic is adorable! Glad that you are enjoying your time & resting. We are looking forward to going up to that area the first week of Oct to pick apples for sauce... b/c making sauce a few weeks from one's due date is FUN. ;)
Thanks for commenting on my blog - now, I can also follow your EA story! Praying for you!
Post a Comment