I love all your comments! They warmed my heart and made me laugh! Big hugs and thanks to all of you for your support!
More details -
Our visit to Knoxville for this transfer was really pleasant. We pulled our trailer up and were able to get a spot at our favorite campground up there, The*Cross-Eyed*Cricket. There are several ponds on the grounds with lots of fish and ducks, and we were able to get a camp site right next to a beautiful stream that mesmerized Luke. We could have done without the severe thunderstorms during the night, but all was well when we got up in the morning, and by God's grace, we did not sustain any damage.
Our transfer took place on Thursday, March 22nd. During the night Friday, I woke up to some pretty severe cramps, which I hoped and prayed were from implantation. We made our journey home on Saturday.
I had decided ahead of time that I was going to test at home this transfer, so I bought a few tests before our trip. OK. Maybe more than few. Is 54 more than a few? I found a deal on A*mazon for 25 tests for $6 and the reviews were great, so I decided to get some. 25 was good, 50 would be even better, so I bought 2 lots. I know - 50 might have pushed me into the "crazy lady" category. In addition to the 50 cheapie strips, I also had 4 FRERs. That would account for my 54 tests.
Since I could (because I had sooooo many tests) I started testing Saturday evening after we got home. Of course, it was negative. I laughed at my obsession and went to bed (with some strong cramping). Sunday morning, I tested before church. Negative. I tested after church. Negative. I tested before evening church. Negative. I tested after evening church. Negative. I went to bed that night not feeling disappointed at all (but still cramping), because it was still too soon after the transfer for a test to be accurate.
Since I could (because I had sooooo many tests) I started testing again first thing Monday morning (while I was still cramping), March 26th, at 8:00 a.m. Negative. I busied myself with caring for Luke and some household chores the rest of the morning. Around 11:15 a.m., a wave of dizziness and exhaustion came over me, so I crashed in the recliner. I glanced up on the fireplace at the clock and realized that it had been over 3 hours since I last tested, so I was overdue to test again (because I had so many tests!). I drug myself from the recliner back to the master bedroom and tested again. Lo and behold, the faintest second pink line appeared! Our transfer was in the afternoon on Thursday March 22, so it had not even been a full four days yet! I couldn't believe it and ran gleefully through the whole house showing every family member I could find! All rejoiced and gave thanks to the Lord (and some questioned whether that test had come in contact with my pee, and why yes it had, and that's really gross mom)!
Since I could (because I had soooooo many tests) I continued to test every couple of hours just to see the line get darker every day. My first beta was not until Friday, March 30th, FIVE, LONG DAYS AWAY. I was glad I had so many tests to amuse myself with until then!
FINALLY, Friday morning came and I drove into Atlanta to have my beta drawn! Are you ready for it?
First Beta:
8dp5dt = 169!
Details on beta #2 coming soon!
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
54 TESTS? REALLY? :) TOO FUNNY!
ROFL!! Oh.my.goodness!!! YOu and I are WAY too much alike. I do believe you are my biological sister I never knew I had!
I was born in Texas and am adopted Shannon! I'll claim you as my sister any day!!!!
You should write novels. You are really good at leaving us hanging!
54 tests is hilarious!!!
Too funny!
Post a Comment