Monday, May 7, 2012

The Details . . . . . Part I

I do have to laugh that my first subtle attempt of announcing that Luke is going to be a big brother totally failed.  I had been planning that post for weeks and was so excited when I clicked the "Publish" button!  When I looked at the blog the next morning and didn't see a single comment, I knew I was going to have to be a little more bold with our announcement.  Anyway, y'all are wanting details!  Alright then!

As most of you know, our November transfer was a very difficult experience.  I felt totally drained emotionally and physically by the time December 1st rolled around.  As Tom and I prayed and sought the Lord's guidance, we came to the conclusion separately that a break from hormones and appointments was needed.  When we talked about it together and realized we had both come to the same conclusion, it confirmed all the more that we just needed a break.  I truly felt great relief knowing that my body was going to be able to function normally for awhile.  The Lord was so gracious to me during that time - He refreshed my heart and mind as I found rest in Him.

The new year rolled in and we both felt a renewed sense of commitment to all the babies frozen in time.  We prayed together and believed that the Lord was leading us towards our third embryo transfer.  When we learned that some unexpected funds were coming our way, we praised the Lord for the provision and called the NEDC to see if there was going to be room in the March transfer period for us, and we were very excited to learn that there was!
 
 
On March 22nd, Dr. Keenan transferred two, beautiful little embryos to my womb!  
(For those of you who like more details - the one on the right is an expanded blastocyst graded 5AA and the one on the left was an expanding blastocyst graded 4AB)


Dr. Keenan, Tom and I (still very much under the effects of the Valium!)

With Nurse Kelly


 Part II coming soon!


5 comments:

Aaron and Jennifer said...

Don't you just love their first picture?! :)

Lara said...

So happy for you. Can't wait to hear more!

Mary Pat Banks said...

May you be bless with a health pregnacy. Hope for TWINS !!!.

Ashley said...

Love hearing how God leads. So cool!
By the way, I read both of your posts on the same day and I'm pretty sure I would have noticed Luke's shirt on the 1st one if I hadn't read the 2nd one first!! Ha!

Krisa said...

I love how the Lord directed you both. It's so good to see His hand on this pregnancy already.

As far as your first attempt to make your big announcement, I read Luke's shirt but thought, "He must be wearing a hand me down." I guess I thought that because that's what we wear around here! Plus, it was realllllly early when I read that first post! Otherwise, I'm sure I would have gotten it before Ashley, had she read the first post before she read the second post. HA! HA! I better quit as this comment is becoming quite silly. :)Congratulations!!