Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Details . . . . Part III

So yesterday I posted about my first beta, which was drawn on Friday, March 30th, and was 169.  Betas are typically drawn two days apart, but since it was the weekend, I had to wait until Monday, April 2nd to have my second beta drawn.  I was very encouraged by such a strong number for the first beta, but still, fear was creeping into my heart that my beta on Monday was going to drop instead of go up.  I had no basis for this -- just stinkin' thinkin'.  I had to repeatedly confess my fear to the Lord and ask Him to give me faith to trust in whatever His plan was.

I was able to amuse myself by testing over the weekend (because I had sooooo many tests!).  Here is a sampling of a few of my tests, with the first faint lines being on the bottom.  (Sorry about the discoloration - the B vitamins in my prenatal give off that nice golden hue!)





And here was the grandest sight of all - the gold standard of all tests!  You can't mistake that word!!!!! (I thought I had 4 FRER's, but evidently, I had a clearblue in there too!)



On Sunday afternoon, I went through my ritual of testing and after a few minutes, ended up with a test in which the test line was much lighter than the test lines that I had been getting for several days.  At this point, it didn't take much to make me panic, and I was definitely in a panic.  I began to cry and fret, thinking that the pregnancy was ending.  I cried out to the Lord and asked Him to give me strength and faith for whatever His will was, because His ways are perfect.  The Lord was gracious and gave me peace in my heart, and also caused me to think that just maybe I had come across a defective test.  So I did what any pee-on-a-stick-aholic would do -- I tested again!  This time, the test line came out darker than the control line, which is what had been happening for several days.

It was then that I realized that I had an unhealthy addiction.  Not only did I have an unhealthy addiction, but I was trusting more in those tests than I was in the Lord who is the giver and taker of life.  I knew what I had to do.  I gathered up all of the remaining tests that I had and I marched right over to the garbage can and deposited them.  LIBERATION!  

Monday morning, April 2nd, I drove back into Atlanta to have my second beta drawn.  Are you ready for it?


























Second Beta:
11dp5dt = 842!!!!

Details on the first ultrasound coming soon!


4 comments:

Lara said...

That's incredable. My OB/perninatoligist says high beta = high probability of a healthy term pergnancy.

carrie said...

Don't know how many you transfered, but sounds like twins to me?! Congrats on your little miracle/s!!!!

Ashley said...

Wow! Great numbers!

Krisa said...

Wow!! I am looking forward to the next installment!